PDA

View Full Version : Halo Energy Sword

sfunk
02-05-2012, 02:58 AM
Well I'm sure there is one of these already floating out there somewhere in the forums, but I wanted to take a crack at making this energy sword because I thought it would be a fun little challenge, it took about two hours to make. so here you guys go.

x2495iiii
02-05-2012, 04:56 AM
Great job, as always. You've got some real talent, sfunk.

sfunk
02-05-2012, 05:09 AM
Thank you X. I always appreciate the support.

Maymon
02-09-2012, 05:53 PM
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Y U SO GOOD AT THIS!?

... goodness this sword is amazing...

Awesome job!!!

DensetsuNoKaboom
02-10-2012, 06:50 PM
I was wondering what that thing was.

jediaction
02-10-2012, 10:11 PM
I was wondering what that thing was.

Haha. It is a weapon used by the Covenant (the enemy) in the game Halo. Sfunk, great job on this model!

sfunk
02-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Thanks everyone, I have been trying to create some quality models for the community to use.

jediaction
02-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks everyone, I have been trying to create some quality models for the community to use.

You could look at my review page and look at my models that were reviewed. That might give you some tips on what makes a model really good and such.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Energy Sword - Model Review
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROS:

High Quality
Subparts
Great Textures

CONS:

Weird Blade Split

Overall Score
90/100 by Chrome Games

Minor issues. There are already other Swords in the community that have this feature. The handle, and the blade, but they are not connected. If you can master this, this model would be better than the previous ones. The Textures are amazing but again with the blade. You can't make it transparent so it doesn't help much. Over all, this is really good.

NEW EDIT: The blades seem to split in half. If you made them stick together, that would have been easier to use. All you have to do is "set vehicle to" to fix that problem, but it would have been nice to not have that issue at all.

sfunk
02-19-2012, 06:05 AM
You could look at my review page and look at my models that were reviewed. That might give you some tips on what makes a model really good and such.

Feedback...

Energy Sword

Pros:

High Quality
Great Textures

Cons:

No Subparts
High Polygon
Off Center Axis

Overall

80/100 by Chrome Games

Minor issues. There were no subparts, so you can't have the blase turn on while holding the handle. There are already other Swords in the community that have this feature. The handle, and the blade, but they are not connected. If you can master this, this model would be better than the previous ones. The plygon count is way to large also. The Textures are amazing but again with the blade. You can't make it transparent so it doesn't help much. Over all, this is pretty decent.

Here you go, the blades are their own sub_parts, everything is labeled, I don't know why the axis was off on yours, but I purposely had the axis dead center of the handle as if someone was to actually be holding the model, I don't know if that's what you meant by it being off. And for it having a high poly count? the model size is under 400KB, which is pretty decent.

x2495iiii
02-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Here you go, the blades are their own sub_parts, everything is labeled, I don't know why the axis was off on yours, but I purposely had the axis dead center of the handle as if someone was to actually be holding the model, I don't know if that's what you meant by it being off. And for it having a high poly count? the model size is under 400KB, which is pretty decent.

It's better than decent. The quality and filesize are perfect for Alice, and the addition of subparts only makes it better. Excellent work, sfunk!

sfunk
02-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Haha, well thank you X, like always! I was actually considering decimating the model to lessen the file size even more, but it would have gotten clunky looking.

jediaction
02-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Alright. Read the review now.

tytehninja
05-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Is this useable in the game? If so, how?

jediaction
05-28-2012, 03:24 PM
My review pretty much explain what it can do and can't do. If you don't understand Alice that well then I can explain, but it works just like any other model.

sfunk
05-28-2012, 09:27 PM
My review pretty much explain what it can do and can't do. If you don't understand Alice that well then I can explain, but it works just like any other model.

I think the user was referring on how to use the model in an alice world, which all they have to do is download the file and save it into the alice gallery into whatever folder they desire. then start up alice, go to add objects like normal, search for the folder you put the object into, then it will be in there

jediaction
05-29-2012, 10:32 AM
You may be right, but either way, the question has been answered.