PDA

View Full Version : Most Epic Alice Game Ever

jediaction
02-11-2012, 10:30 PM
I was thinking. What if all the most experienced Alice users all came together and had a chat about making a game in Alice. This game would be special because it will combined the skills of the members together. For example, Arty would make the level switch after a certain point and load a different file. Zone would make it connect to the internet and save scores, I would do animations, X2495iiii would do some advanced scripting. I really feel like this could be possible. I would like to know what the community thinks.

arty-fishL
02-12-2012, 07:02 AM
Storm. It failed.

debussybunny563
02-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Storm. It failed.

^ This.

I would think it'd be troublesome working at the same time, since if one member did something and one member did something else, consolidating the two things in a single world would be a painstaking process, especially in a large world.

fourbros
02-12-2012, 10:36 AM
^ This.

I would think it'd be troublesome working at the same time, since if one member did something and one member did something else, consolidating the two things in a single world would be a painstaking process, especially in a large world.

but i think it would be worth it.

x2495iiii
02-12-2012, 10:48 AM
but i think it would be worth it.

Ok.

Do you plan on helping in the event something like this is started?

DensetsuNoKaboom
02-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Darn it, I clicked on this thread hoping that it would contain the most epic Alice game ever.

If I had anything to offer, I'd offer it.

jediaction
02-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Well, I thought about storm Arty, but hey, that was only like 4 of us, and not all the most experienced members. A FPS game was not the best choice, but it wasn't even optimized. We can try again, but with a proper development system, I think it's possible.

Haha Denset, well....the threads have a little red box icon if an attachment is posted. I can't make the most epic Alice Game ever by myself, and showing that Resident Penguin and Sky Warrior (how good they are), that proves that some members can make the highest end Alice Games by themselves. I just want to mash all the skills together into one big game.

Mr Kidnapper
02-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Seems less like an experience and contact issue and more like a lack of development issue. Y'know. Back in the day when no one knew how to do anything and no one could do a (proper) conversion.

jediaction
02-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Um, we can now, which makes the difference. We have the experience and technology to make an Epic Game.

GameKid
02-12-2012, 05:44 PM
You guys could avoid the storm scenario by putting half of the levels and things in one level and half in another. Sort of like a sequel.
(If you do this, could you take one of my ideas? The most epic game in alice can't fit in a generic FPS, mind you.)

DensetsuNoKaboom
02-12-2012, 06:34 PM
So...what kind of game would this be?

debussybunny563
02-12-2012, 07:20 PM

An epic kind, of course.

fourbros
02-12-2012, 07:31 PM

how about we do a resident evil perspective shooter.

jediaction
02-12-2012, 07:36 PM
how about we do a resident evil perspective shooter.

What are you really good at fourbros? I am not really sure about it since you haven't been around that long.

An epic kind, of course.

Haha. Nice

The most epic game in alice can't fit in a generic FPS, mind you.)

I'm aware that we shouldn't do an FPS. I was thinking a side scrolling something. Maybe use X's GUI skills, and have a character that will move left and right like a Mario game. I like making animations and little touches that make the game look more professional and stuff. Menu's and navigation systems are my speciality.

InsertName
02-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Im not as experienced with alice as some of these other guys, but still if you need me I'll be able to help.

An idea, How about we make the fabled RPG that we always dreamed of. Somebody could make a charecter and make his movements, the camera setting, and the actions/interactions and set up some rules. Then we all make a level about how we think this game will work, and then discuss what we liked about each level and take it from there.

Just a suggestion. :P

shaydon
02-12-2012, 10:24 PM
meh. storm good idea, not enough effort =)

http://alice.org/community/picture.php?albumid=58&pictureid=294

room14
02-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Nice Idea, if can get it to work I will be willing to help.

jediaction
02-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Im not as experienced with alice as some of these other guys, but still if you need me I'll be able to help.

An idea, How about we make the fabled RPG that we always dreamed of. Somebody could make a charecter and make his movements, the camera setting, and the actions/interactions and set up some rules. Then we all make a level about how we think this game will work, and then discuss what we liked about each level and take it from there.

Just a suggestion. :P

You need to think about what is possible in Alice. From my experience, I know what FPS Alice can handle, and what it can't. Halo can handle because it's not that large on scale. All of you who played it probably realized the extremely short levels. Storm can't take it.

meh. storm good idea, not enough effort =)

We did put as much effort as we could Shaydon. The problem was that Alice could not take it anymore. The scale of the game was to big to start with. That game was to heavy on graphics. I did play it not to long ago and what was made is still awesome.

Nice Idea, if can get it to work I will be willing to help.

Alright. What can you help with then? What are you really good at?

Alright. What can you do really well?

fourbros
02-13-2012, 02:16 PM
What are you really good at fourbros? I am not really sure about it since you haven't been around that long.

Haha. Nice

I'm aware that we shouldn't do an FPS. I was thinking a side scrolling something. Maybe use X's GUI skills, and have a character that will move left and right like a Mario game. I like making animations and little touches that make the game look more professional and stuff. Menu's and navigation systems are my speciality.

I am pretty good at poses and making the object move using them.

jediaction
02-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Hmm, Alright.

GameKid
02-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Ooh. I got an idea.
So, take a small collection of squares (About 24) arranged in a big square. The player must customize those squares in a series of customizations, they can be red, black, or transparent. The player gets an eight limit of red squares and a fourteen limit of blacks. The red squares are the attacking squares, the ones that damage an opponent when they hit one, the blacks are just for decoration, and the transparent are supposed to look non-existant. With this, the player could make his own small, pixely sprite and navigate him through the world.

jediaction
02-13-2012, 08:12 PM
This is an interesting idea, but the design process would be when we have an official team of memebrs working on the game. I don't think we should have everyone. I don't want to put anyone down or say that some people are better than they are, but not everyone might be able to do some of the things we will want to do. It's just a hard choice, but it's nothing personal to anyone. So, if you are not accepted into the team, it's nothing personal. I'm actually going to make an application forum for anyone who wants to apply for the special team that will make the game. We might not start this game anytime soon, but it will be good to see who can do the jobs(for the future). This is going to be fun. I'll post the thread with the application soon.

GameKid
02-13-2012, 09:00 PM
This is an interesting idea, but the design process would be when we have an official team of memebrs working on the game. I don't think we should have everyone. I don't want to put anyone down or say that some people are better than they are, but not everyone might be able to do some of the things we will want to do. It's just a hard choice, but it's nothing personal to anyone. So, if you are not accepted into the team, it's nothing personal. I'm actually going to make an application forum for anyone who wants to apply for the special team that will make the game. We might not start this game anytime soon, but it will be good to see who can do the jobs(for the future). This is going to be fun. I'll post the thread with the application soon.

Sounds more grand than I thought, okay.

beachbum111111
02-14-2012, 11:40 AM
We should make a RPG game :P

fourbros
02-14-2012, 01:47 PM
when I think of Epic in a video game sense, the first game that comes to mind Is Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time. so we could do a legend of zelda game?

DensetsuNoKaboom
02-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Ooh. I got an idea.
So, take a small collection of squares (About 24) arranged in a big square.

What.

Do you even know how squares work.

jediaction
02-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Go to the application guys if you want to apply.

arty-fishL
02-15-2012, 02:00 PM
What.

Indeed.

x2495iiii
02-15-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm sure he meant 36.

Right?

WhiteHole000
02-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Wish I could help. Oh well some day I'll find out how to work this site and become a senior... :D

GameKid
02-15-2012, 05:37 PM
What.

Estimated. I didn't have time to get out a pen and paper and draw a bunch of squares. I'm not an idiot.

nickster654
02-15-2012, 07:43 PM
I feel left out ):

jediaction
02-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Wish I could help. Oh well some day I'll find out how to work this site and become a senior... :D

You become a senior after reaching 50 posts.

arty-fishL
02-16-2012, 05:52 AM
Estimated. I didn't have time to get out a pen and paper and draw a bunch of squares. I'm not an idiot.You don't need to draw anything.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_number

jediaction
02-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Anyway, I figured out what the Most Epic Alice Game Ever should be...Resident Penguin Adventures! Like my show currently is, it's just a cool intro animation sequence that could lead up to a game. Arty has a world loader tool which we could use to have once the cut scene finishes, the game loads. It would be really cool. It would require lots of programming but I can write the whole game out and if X and Arty are willing to do that, then you guys are the first to be on the team. I would be the animator and do all the cut scenes and put markers of where the World Loader Tools should go.

jediaction
03-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Don't stop the applications guys. I'm still interested in this and I'm thinking of project ideas. I still want to do the Resident Penguin and what me might do is all of us (the team for this project) at a certain time will get on TeamSpeak and discuss the project there. This is supposed to be a really fun project. It will be in the summer so I should have enough time and hopefully the rest of the team. I know that Arty-FishL is in Scotland so it will be difficult timing if he is on the team but we will figure that out on TeamSpeak.

GameKid
03-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Anyway, I figured out what the Most Epic Alice Game Ever should be...Resident Penguin Adventures!
Okay. But I'm going to use my own idea for myself.

jediaction
03-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Okay. But I'm going to use my own idea for myself.

Ok, you can do that. This game is supposed to be a Resident Penguin themed game. You can do your own personal projects, this is for members who are interested in working on a project with a team. It's ok if you want to just stick with your own personal projects. Basically, you can stick with your idea and it's all good.

room14
03-18-2012, 10:04 PM
hey also, I am in NZ. Probs that I will not be doing any live stuff.

jediaction
03-19-2012, 09:14 AM
what?

DensetsuNoKaboom
03-19-2012, 06:49 PM
We should just rename the forums the Resident Penguin Fan Club Forums.

x2495iiii
03-19-2012, 07:45 PM
But then where would people ask about how to import models?

jediaction
03-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Exactly. I also think that was a joke X...haha. Anyway, Resident Penguin is just a popular theme right now.

xela10104
05-06-2012, 11:31 PM
I wouldn't mind helping with the coding of something like this

jediaction
05-14-2012, 08:38 PM
I think we would have people covered for coding already. Usually older members are known better and it's easier to see what they are capable of.