PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda:Fully Functioning Link Model

sfunk
02-26-2012, 03:09 AM
Well I feel as this is my best work up to date. I spent roughly 14-15 hours on this model, Correctly labeled and vehicled sub-parts, correct axis on everything, texturing is near perfect(a lot of texture painting in GIMP) and lastly, setting up the character in Alice so it wasn't all in pieces.

This was all done in my free time(which isn't a lot anymore)

This model is a mixture of young and adult link from Loz:OoT(Ocarina of Time)
Mostly done from memory, I used a few reference images to get some shaping right. But this is damn near perfect for a Alice:Link model. so you're welcome.

(attached pictures show multiple views of link standing and in the one, he is being posed to show the flexibility of the model.)

jediaction
02-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Checking out now.
EDIT: Very good! I will review it when I get the chance today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LoZ Link - Model Review
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROS:
Perfect Subparts
Great Center of Axis
Great Textures
CONS:
High Polygon
Overall Score
97/100 by Chrome Games

This is a very good model. I think it looks exactly like the model from the origonal Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time which was a great game I think. This model I think is just a tiny be to high polygon to fit into alice but if you could decrease the detail on the arms and legs it would fit into Alice perfectly and look like the exact model was taken from the real game. The textures are amazing and this model is perfect for anyone who wants to make a Legend of Zelda themed game.

x2495iiii
02-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Excellent work! Thanks for sharing, sfunk!

If you become a professional modeler for a game company, let us know.

sfunk
02-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Excellent work! Thanks for sharing, sfunk!

If you become a professional modeler for a game company, let us know.

I doubt that sir, it's strictly hobby related, definitely not enough work put into it to make it that far.

sfunk
02-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Checking out now.

Didn't notice this post, cool, looking forward to it

InsertName
02-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Incredabrul!

jediaction
02-26-2012, 12:42 PM
You might be using an old version of Alice. Try downloading a new version.

fourbros
02-26-2012, 12:46 PM
awesome!!!! expect a zelda game in the future.

Mr Kidnapper
02-26-2012, 02:19 PM
You seem to have forgotten to export smoothing groups. Ah well.
Ohyas: Technically in the game world, anything below 7,000 polys is considered low-poly.

sfunk
02-27-2012, 06:26 AM
Checking out now.

Energy Sword - Model Review
PROS:
Perfect Subparts
Great Center of Axis
Great Textures
CONS:
High Polygon
Overall Score
97/100 by Chrome Games

This is a very good model. I think it looks exactly like the model from the origonal Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time which was a great game I think. This model I think is just a tiny be to high polygon to fit into alice but if you could decrease the detail on the arms and legs it would fit into Alice perfectly and look like the exact model was taken from the real game. The textures are amazing and this model is perfect for anyone who wants to make a Legend of Zelda themed game.

You left the title of your review as "Energy Sword" XD haha

sfunk
02-27-2012, 06:27 AM
You seem to have forgotten to export smoothing groups. Ah well.
Ohyas: Technically in the game world, anything below 7,000 polys is considered low-poly.

Smoothing groups? could you elaborate a bit more on that? I'm not sure what that is.

Mr Kidnapper
02-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Smoothing is what the renderer uses to hide the edges of polygons using a lighting trick and make them seem smooth.
Smoothing groups are simply these except you can assign different and multiple ones to different polys. For example any adjacent edges with matching smoothing groups will render the edge between them as smooth. Use of smoothing groups is notably high on the Master Chief model I uploaded some time ago.

jediaction
02-27-2012, 10:06 AM
You left the title of your review as "Energy Sword" XD haha

Oh! Haha! Thanks for pointing that out!:D

sfunk
02-28-2012, 06:35 AM
Smoothing is what the renderer uses to hide the edges of polygons using a lighting trick and make them seem smooth.
Smoothing groups are simply these except you can assign different and multiple ones to different polys. For example any adjacent edges with matching smoothing groups will render the edge between them as smooth. Use of smoothing groups is notably high on the Master Chief model I uploaded some time ago.

So smoothing just recalculate the faces to give a smoother appearance without adding more faces/polys?

Oh! Haha! Thanks for pointing that out!:D

No problem

Mr Kidnapper
02-29-2012, 12:38 AM
Yeh more or less