PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda: The Game

sfunk
03-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Zelda: Ocarina of Time...Alice edition. This is my attempt to make a LoZ game as well as I can to hopefully match some of the unique flair and fun of the well known Nintendo series. I have been working a great deal on this game, Making it almost from complete Scratch(meaning models) Nearly 99% of the models in the game are designed(mimicked as well) and made by myself.

The uploaded world of now is a very basic and rough beginning of what I have done, I have progressed greatly with this game and plan on putting up a tutorial world (pretty much what I have now but with instructions to help get use to the controls of the game, this as well buys me more time to developed my game while still giving a few taste of what the game is going to be like.

I hope this is something that you all will enjoy and hopefully appreciate the time that is being put into this

Updates

-enemy AI Working on
-Appropriate Sounds and music Almost completed
-Menu Completed
-story In Progress
-Link's animations Nearly completed

jediaction
03-01-2012, 09:01 AM
This is very good. The variables of having to take out your shield before you can block is awesome. I think it would be cooler if no matter if your shield is out already, when you press "Q", he grabs his shield and then brings it to blocking position. I'm pretty sure that's how it works in the game. It's not a seperate function. I think the attacks should be a bit quicker becuase even though the animations are very good, the normal slash is very slow. This could be a cool game. You just gotta get a nice flashing back and fourth texture of Navi and a Crystal from hitting bushes.

sfunk
03-01-2012, 10:55 AM
This is very good. The variables of having to take out your shield before you can block is awesome. I think it would be cooler if no matter if your shield is out already, when you press "Q", he grabs his shield and then brings it to blocking position. I'm pretty sure that's how it works in the game. It's not a seperate function. I think the attacks should be a bit quicker becuase even though the animations are very good, the normal slash is very slow. This could be a cool game. You just gotta get a nice flashing back and fourth texture of Navi and a Crystal from hitting bushes.

Quicker attack animations are taken care of, I noticed that while I was testing them out(especially once I added sound), And I did the blocking on the way it is since it looks cool when he runs around with the shield, that's just my opinion on it though, it wouldn't be hard to switch to the method you're offering though.

And i'm trying to work this game piece by piece, and i'm gonna work on Navi last because of that. once I get there, I hope I can get it to work right.

Crystal from hitting bushes.

Rupee :P

dakota95
03-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Awesome. I'm not much of a zelda fan but it is still cool.

jediaction
03-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Quicker attack animations are taken care of, I noticed that while I was testing them out(especially once I added sound), And I did the blocking on the way it is since it looks cool when he runs around with the shield, that's just my opinion on it though, it wouldn't be hard to switch to the method you're offering though.

And i'm trying to work this game piece by piece, and i'm gonna work on Navi last because of that. once I get there, I hope I can get it to work right.

Rupee :P

Ok sfunk.

Ah, that was it. I couldn't think of the name at the time.

x2495iiii
03-01-2012, 12:34 PM
rupee :p

Weird.

Emotes seem broken for me...

Anyway, this post made me smile.

GameKid
03-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Weird.

Emotes seem broken for me...

Anyway, this post made me smile.

Hrm. Perhaps he disabled smilies for that post-- there is an option for that, under miscellaneous options.
I don't get the smiley either.

x2495iiii
03-01-2012, 09:08 PM
:(

sfunk
03-02-2012, 06:25 AM
:(

That is weird, it should have made the emote :O

sfunk
03-02-2012, 06:27 AM
Awesome. I'm not much of a zelda fan but it is still cool.
Sweet, well once it is finished, I hope you'll enjoy it

Hrm. Perhaps he disabled smilies for that post-- there is an option for that, under miscellaneous options.
I don't get the smiley either.

I didn't disable smilelys, so I wonder what it could be

GameKid
03-02-2012, 10:55 PM
I didn't disable smilelys, so I wonder what it could be
VBulletin glitch? *Shrug*

sfunk
03-04-2012, 02:32 AM
VBulletin glitch? *Shrug*

I'm guessing so

sfunk
03-07-2012, 09:50 AM
Teaser Picture

This is one of the enemies chosen for the game so far, for more updates, check out the main(first) post of this thread.

sfunk
03-12-2012, 10:52 AM
New game poster!!!

dakota95
03-12-2012, 02:48 PM
I like ur avatar, and poster.