PDA

View Full Version : Deagle shooting/reloading Game animation, similar to COD and CS.

InsertName
03-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Here is a deagle animation I've been working on for a bit. Another short little animation, but this one you can put in a game kind of easily. Originally from the Weapons Pack 1, I took this out of it and glossed it.

This is not a game, but it's still fun.
Z shoots, A reloads.

Animations also look good in slow mo.
Feedback is welcome.

Mr Kidnapper
03-11-2012, 05:03 PM
I like how it closes immediately upon opening. Why you gotta work in JOGL?
Also a bunch of null pointer exceptions upon switching to JOGL.
Doesn't work.

arty-fishL
03-11-2012, 05:43 PM
I like how it closes immediately upon opening. Why you gotta work in JOGL?
Also a bunch of null pointer exceptions upon switching to JOGL.
Doesn't work.It works fine in DX7. Looks good.

GameKid
03-11-2012, 07:44 PM
I like the shooting animation, it's just like that of a console first person shooter. The reloading animation is good, definitely more realistic than just moving the gun back, then forth. But it looks a bit robotic. The arm needs to slow down and speed up again at a couple points for it to look realistic. Otherwise, it's great.

InsertName
03-11-2012, 10:21 PM
This animation is for games, not to be realistic, if it was then you'd probally be waiting a good 4-5 more seconds for the animation to finish.

Mr Kidnapper
03-12-2012, 02:11 AM
Works now for some reason. We seem to have reached a general consensus on the poll. At any rate, in the shooting animation the gun recoils a bit too much. It's not like our wrists are made out of jelly, we can handle a desert eagle despite the possibility of the recoil breaking our wrists.
Your reloading is missing a few steps. I'll leave it to you to figure out which those is.

InsertName
03-12-2012, 10:22 PM
I dunno about any missed steps, I don'r really pay a lot of heed to FPS really, but I did some reaserching while I was making this to see how the animations look in games, such as CSS and Cod and basicly copied what I saw and put it into the animation.

As I said before this is not a realistic animation you sillies :) , this is a video game animation, its point is to shoot off and make is Feel like you are really doing the shooting, and a reload that isn't boring or stiff.

--> one of the animations I looked into http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_eLpY1hRio&feature=related

p.s. if you could show a video showing the correct steps I would be happy to see it.

InsertName
03-15-2012, 09:30 PM
*bump*

x2495iiii
03-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Loving the recoil, and the fact that the slide stays popped back when the mag is empty is a very nice touch.