PDA

View Full Version : Help with merging these worlds

Momneedshelp
03-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Hours of trying and no luck! Thanks for trying this for us, you have no idea!!!

arty-fishL
03-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Use my World Loader Tool (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6550). :D

Or if you really need to completely merge them, then I have a very advanced tutorial here (http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7858).

Momneedshelp
03-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Your advanced tutorial is what we have been working on! What I can't figure out is once I extract the file and edit it using notepad, I can't figure out how to get the extracted file to replace the old one. I'm new to computers, and I'm assuming since you use 7zip to extract it, it's the getting the file to save over the original one I spent hours trying to figure out! Hope that makes sense. I'll try your tool, thanks!

arty-fishL
03-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Alice is useless for this sort of thing, so making it work right tends to get quite advanced.

The Tool I made would generally be the way to go as there is a video tutorial available and the tool does most of the work for you. Unfortunately it doesn't merge the worlds into one.

If this is for a school project then I would suggest not using the tool, as I created it and all the work in the worlds therefore cannot be accredited to you (or you're child, judging by your name).

To replace the file, if you are using 7zip, then just have the file ready in a folder. Open the folder in windows explorer so the file can be accessed. Have the world open in 7zip. Click and click and drag the file from the folder to the 7zip window. Drop it in and a confirmation popup should appear. Confirm it and the file should be replaced and saved.

If you would like, then I can do it all for you, but I wont without your permission.

Momneedshelp
03-18-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm sorry, you absolutely have my permission. Before I got your message I worked through the tutorial and still couldn't get it to work. I would love your help. Thank you so much, really!

TauTrumpsPi
03-18-2012, 12:35 PM
You could also move the methods into a class level method, save the class and import it into a new world.

That would be the easiest, though not necessarily fastest, way to do it.

arty-fishL
03-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Sorry for the wait, but mediafire kept failing my upload, so I had to download Dropbox and set it up, then upload it.

Click here to download it (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/67774614/Hacker%20Trackers.a2w)

Each level is 50 metres above or below each other. So, when editing, to get to level 2 from level 1 move the camera up 50 metres, to get back from level 2 to level 1 move it down 50 metres. They are stacked with level 1 at the bottom, level 2 in the middle and level 3 at the top.

When playing, to switch levels use the world methods I added. They automatically move the camera and such for you.

Just to test level switching, I made the F1 key load level 1, F2 load level 2 and F3 load level 3. You can delete these and add in proper level switching into your code, so at the end of level 1 it starts level 2 and the same for 2 to 3.

There is more to be done at your end, so please don't think it doesn't work, or that is it.

Momneedshelp
03-18-2012, 03:51 PM
I can't thank you enough! We can figure out the rest from here, you are amazing! Thanks a lot! :D