PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft

InsertName
04-19-2012, 05:29 PM
After a little bit of confusion, explosions, and a little bit of the other daily natures of Alice. I have made the Pre-Alpha-Beta-Version-eV0.01 of Minecraft in Alice. I do not own Minecraft (game, textures, website). This was just a little bit of an attempt to see how similar I could make Minecraft in Alice via the Alice program. So here it is. Whatever.

It may not feel like the right controls in any sense to people that actually own this game. (Which I don't) But teh controls are as follows.

Arrow Keys to Move (It's the one given with Alice, so don't expect much)
WASD to Orient camera/Move head around (Head is not on joint, it rotates by its own point, so it may look weird)
Q to attack/destroy (Only weapon for right now is your fist)
Space to Jump (Woohoo)
1 and 2 to switch character texture.
P to switch between 1st and 3rd person view

Oh yeah the block gets destroyed in one hit.

Version 0.02: a few things added: WASD movement and mouse camera. (CLICK SMALL TRANSPARENT BOX TO BEGIN MOUSE CAMERA)

Oh and P.s. Don't touch anything for a little bit after you press play. It gets messed up if you do. So give it 2 seconds to configure everything.

fourbros
04-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Goooooooo minecraft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beachbum111111
04-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Okay now that I have your attention, does anybody have any Minecraft objects like the player, a sword or anything? (Maybe even a creeper?) It would be really helpful. thx

use boxes as pixels :P

arty-fishL
04-20-2012, 09:18 AM
I found a good blender file of Minecraft models, but I tried converting and failed miserably.

If somebody else could:
minecraft.blend (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/67774614/minecraft.blend)

sfunk
04-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I found a good blender file of Minecraft models, but I tried converting and failed miserably.

If somebody else could:
minecraft.blend (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/67774614/minecraft.blend)

I would, but kinda don't wanna spend that much time converting all of that,

(little tip, if you have minecraft, there is an image called terrain.png which contains one image of all the blocks in the game besides items and such. but just cut desired image from that image, and texture a default cube in alice, it should work out pretty well for most blocks)

InsertName
04-25-2012, 01:49 PM
I have tryed just puting textures on block but for some reason they only have one pixle on it, so its all the same color (which is pointless). Even if I do resize it stays the same. Oh btw, sorry for late post, I was busy this weekend.

x2495iiii
04-25-2012, 04:01 PM
I can give it a shot, though it may take some time for me to get to it. Finals week.

arty-fishL
04-25-2012, 04:53 PM
I can give it a shot, though it may take some time for me to get to it. Finals week.Good luck with whatever this "finals week" thing is in America, I'm presuming it must be a set of final exams all held within one week or something like that.

I just made a very useful cube. It textures properly, with a texture covering each side as it should. Each face is a separate subpart, so it can have a different texture and you can reorientate the faces. for some reason there is a very mini cube in the centre that you can't see unless the object has opacity and you make it big, but that shouldn't really affect it much, just use it without opacity.

InsertName
04-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Thanks arty! This will come in handy not just for my next project but for more to come :).

Still, any minecraft models are appreciated.

room14
04-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Technically, aren't they copyrighted? don't know. but no one tends to care about those thing really. anyway, have you tried decompiling minecraft? then you'll have the correct dimensions and such, as well as their positions.

InsertName
04-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Let me put it plain and (sadly) simple: I do not have minecraft. I wish I had it, for a few reasons but mostly because this computer that I'm using has the worst graphical capabilities on any modern computer. (is also why I make generally simple games)

I was planning on making a minecraft character engine, but when searching on Youtube for animations it is surprisingly low on actual animations, It just has fan made animations or homemade walking animations that I know for a fact is not the real thing.

If anybody could, please, import just the player model, I could get this engine done alot faster. (A simple character texture would be much appreciated as well :))

sfunk
04-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Let me put it plain and (sadly) simple: I do not have minecraft. I wish I had it, for a few reasons but mostly because this computer that I'm using has the worst graphical capabilities on any modern computer. (is also why I make generally simple games)

I was planning on making a minecraft character engine, but when searching on Youtube for animations it is surprisingly low on actual animations, It just has fan made animations or homemade walking animations that I know for a fact is not the real thing.

If anybody could, please, import just the player model, I could get this engine done alot faster. (A simple character texture would be much appreciated as well :))

A simple character texture? just go to minecraft.net, and download the character skin(texture) im pretty sure you don't even need to purchase minecraft. but i'll upload the image sometime.

InsertName
04-30-2012, 10:00 PM
UPDATE! Okay, it took 3 hours but I made the character and textured it fully, (34 different jpg files).

InsertName
05-01-2012, 10:36 PM
UPDATE! I finished the walking part as well so the character stuff is almost done.

Here is a sneak peak!
P.S. I do not own Minecraft, This is purely fan made and is for fun. So don't yell at me for plz.
http://alice.org/community/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=649

I do not want to upload the world yet cuz I don't want to release a program that raw.

P.s. Sorry for terrible quality

sfunk
05-02-2012, 12:58 AM
UPDATE! I finished the walking part as well so the character stuff is almost done.

Here is a sneak peak!
P.S. I do not own Minecraft, This is purely fan made and is for fun. So don't yell at me for plz.
http://alice.org/community/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=649

I do not want to upload the world yet cuz I don't want to release a program that raw.

P.s. Sorry for terrible quality

It actually looks pretty good, would you like another skin that I made. (I made a few, but I made a Link (legend of Zelda) skin) if you would like, I wouldn't mind letting you use it.

InsertName
05-04-2012, 07:03 PM
I meant the picture quality, the skin has 20x20 per pixel. And sure, I can possibly make that Link skin, but converting these skins into the quality that it needs to look nice takes about 1 to 2 hours depending on the complexity of it. If it's just an 8x8 .jpg file it looks way too blurry.

Oh and p.s. do you know how fast it takes for the charecter to get through one walk cycle? One of the technicalities that I can't find on their wiki.

sfunk
05-05-2012, 10:29 PM
I meant the picture quality, the skin has 20x20 per pixel. And sure, I can possibly make that Link skin, but converting these skins into the quality that it needs to look nice takes about 1 to 2 hours depending on the complexity of it. If it's just an 8x8 .jpg file it looks way too blurry.

Oh and p.s. do you know how fast it takes for the charecter to get through one walk cycle? One of the technicalities that I can't find on their wiki.

well each block in the game is only 16 by 16 by 16 pixels. the character being very similar(this is how you can have a nearly infinite world to play around in)

each 16 pixels(or block) you pass over is a meter. so it's about a meter per second aspect I'm guessing. so base your movements off that

InsertName
05-07-2012, 08:52 PM
UPDATE! for anyone that actually cares...

-First Person view added
-Ability to change between first and third person
-Weapons/tools added: Fist

No blocks added yet, that will be the tricky bit to add. :)
P.s. I won't add a picture of first person view cause it won't look like much.

Plans
-Sway for first person view
-Jumping

x2495iiii
05-08-2012, 01:09 AM
This guy cares.

SailHatin
05-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Y u mislead me

InsertName
05-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Y u mislead me
Huh?

Oh and btw arty-fishL I'll be happy to put the link texture in this and show what it looks like, It's the least I can do since you gave me the texture cube. :) <-- Smiley face

arty-fishL
05-09-2012, 03:06 AM
since you gave me the texture cube.I'm pretty sure I gave you the texture cube.

I've got a newer version of the texture cube if you want it. I removed the central cube and root and added an extra layer to each side that can have the "break" textures when you hit it.

David B
05-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Minecraft == Awesome!

I recently purchased my own account.

InsertName
05-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Huh?

Oh and btw arty-fishL I'll be happy to put the link texture in this and show what it looks like, It's the least I can do since you gave me the texture cube. :) <-- Smiley face

no I'm pretty sure I said you arty. JK, sorry about that idk what I was thinking. If you want me to put a skin on the one I have available if you want, I can make that one of the available pre-made skins in the first beta thingy. And I'd like to see that new cube you got. I noticed the little cube inside the bigger one but it didn't cause any real problems. :)

And btw, UPDATE!
Jumping added and the arm sway. The final thing I will add before I release the first one is a health bar, and maybe a block to break.

Oh yeah I made a new skin for the character, I'll put it up here when I import it.

InsertName
05-09-2012, 05:26 PM
I bet you can't guess who this is. (It's kinda bad so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't X to the D)

http://alice.org/community/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=651

Plus the life bar has been added!

x2495iiii
05-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Drawing a blank.

Can I have a hint?

arty-fishL
05-09-2012, 09:19 PM
I bet you can't guess who this is. (It's kinda bad so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't X to the D)

http://alice.org/community/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=651

Plus the life bar has been added!Looks like a messed up penguin or something.

This new texture cube is half the size (by accident), so resize it by 2 if you want it to be 1 metre.

Support me by using this DOWNLOAD link (http://adf.ly/8Lm5k) (AdF.ly)

x2495iiii
05-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Looks like a messed up penguin or something.

Meanie.

David B
05-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Meanie.

What do you have against demented penguins?

InsertName
05-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Forget about the image Mozilla broke as well...

x2495iiii
05-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Broken image broken?

David B
05-11-2012, 05:35 AM
Broken image broken?

Yeah, I see it too.

http://alice.org/community/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=654

NOTE: I do not own this image. If this image becomes modified in the future, it is not through my fault.

InsertName
05-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I see it too.

http://alice.org/community/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=654

NOTE: I do not own this image. If this image becomes modified in the future, it is not through my fault.

It broke? Stupid Chrome, or is it my computer? Back in the olde days of 2011, I visited this site via IE, and now it's compleatly*(t?) broke for IE. And I use chrome, now if it breaks on me again that will suck big time.

P.S. silly me I have the first Pre-Alpha-Beta-Version -eV0.01 or whatever you call it ready. I'm just gonna have one more look through before I release it and you guyz can sees what I've done.

And I'll try to fix the image gimmie a little time.

InsertName
05-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Never mind it broke. (The image that is)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNND.... the first version is out, check it.

sfunk
05-13-2012, 11:38 PM
It may not feel like the right controls in any sense to people that actually own this game. (Which I don't) But teh controls are as follows.

Arrow Keys to Move (It's the one given with Alice, so don't expect much)
WASD to Orient camera/Move head around (Head is not on joint, it rotates by its own point, so it may look weird)
Q to attack/destroy (Only weapon for right now is your fist)
Space to Jump (Woohoo)
1 and 2 to switch character texture.
P to switch between 1st and 3rd person view

So some suggestions on controls to make this a little better. use A W S D as your movement keys. Anyone who plays minecraft will automatically try to use those to move. Maybe you could try arty's mouse aiming script to orient the characters head(field of vision.) since that is how it's done in the real game. you could also use mouse clicks then to destroy the blocks since you would be using the mouse to look around anyways. This would definitely improve the feel of the controls. And for goodness sakes, never use the let arrow keys move camera. It makes it incredibly sloppy(I know you already mentioned that in your post though) but good work on the animations and texturing

InsertName
05-16-2012, 08:05 PM
So some suggestions on controls to make this a little better. use A W S D as your movement keys. Anyone who plays minecraft will automatically try to use those to move. Maybe you could try arty's mouse aiming script to orient the characters head(field of vision.) since that is how it's done in the real game. you could also use mouse clicks then to destroy the blocks since you would be using the mouse to look around anyways. This would definitely improve the feel of the controls. And for goodness sakes, never use the let arrow keys move camera. It makes it incredibly sloppy(I know you already mentioned that in your post though) but good work on the animations and texturing

Yep, and yea, I know that minecraft is mouse-sight WASD-move, but keep in mind this is alpha beta whatever 0.1. this was just basicly to get all the simple game mechs and animations down. Wasd to move is not a problem, but there is a problem with the mouse thingy, is there a way to import artys engine world into mine? without clashing to horribly.

sfunk
05-17-2012, 12:52 AM
Yep, and yea, I know that minecraft is mouse-sight WASD-move, but keep in mind this is alpha beta whatever 0.1. this was just basicly to get all the simple game mechs and animations down. Wasd to move is not a problem, but there is a problem with the mouse thingy, is there a way to import artys engine world into mine? without clashing to horribly.

Well movement is a basic mechanic to gameplay. And I am not sure how arty's script actually works, I don't know if it's a import, or if it's a world you have to build your game around.

InsertName
05-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Well movement is a basic mechanic to gameplay. And I am not sure how arty's script actually works, I don't know if it's a import, or if it's a world you have to build your game around.

Well... that sucks..., guess I'll have to make my own mouse thingy. But I don't know how to lock the mouse so it is always in center.

InsertName
06-10-2012, 04:24 PM
UPDATE! I have not forgotten about this and so I added in the mouse camera (even though it sucks) and WASD movement. I'll upload it as soon as I can.

Edit: It's up.