PDA

View Full Version : First FPS need some help folks!

sjrlax69
04-25-2012, 10:24 PM
I need help with creating a bullet counter, I know its simple but I just can't seem to figure it out. Also can someone help me with creating a shooting method that releases some sort of projectile? Any and all advice is appreciated. Also, I can't upload my file to this site because it is missing a security token

TauTrumpsPi
04-26-2012, 06:54 AM
I need help with creating a bullet counter, I know its simple but I just can't seem to figure it out. Also can someone help me with creating a shooting method that releases some sort of projectile? Any and all advice is appreciated. Also, I can't upload my file to this site because it is missing a security token

The easiest way to use bullets is not to use an actual bullet, but to mess with functions for an "Is in front of gun" function. Using "Is to the left of" And "Is above", you should be able to make a nice one.

As for the bullet counter, just put an increment/decrement method for a world level variable in your shoot method.

sjrlax69
04-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Ok, I think I understand what you meen. Now for the bullet counter, how would i have the method reset the bullet count when it runs to zero

TauTrumpsPi
04-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Ok, I think I understand what you meen. Now for the bullet counter, how would i have the method reset the bullet count when it runs to zero

Just add a little if statement to the end of the shooting method "If bulletVar == 0" Then "Perform Reload Method or whatever, then set bulletVar to original count"