PDA

View Full Version : explosion

Hoboniinjaz
05-14-2012, 06:23 PM
I got the explosion from the community pack, and no matter what I do, it wont appear. I've done the explosion action and it won't do it. Help?

arty-fishL
05-14-2012, 06:59 PM
The animation has a "squareTarget" parameter. Just set that to a square that you want to explode, or set it to the explosion object itself and when you play the world, whatever "squareTarget" is set to will explode.

Mr Kidnapper
05-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Post world?

jediaction
05-14-2012, 07:31 PM
He doesn't need to post the world. Arty pretty much explained everything.

TauTrumpsPi
05-14-2012, 08:00 PM
He doesn't need to post the world. Arty pretty much explained everything.

If you look at the times, I'm pretty sure he posted that before he saw Arty's comment.

jediaction
05-14-2012, 08:23 PM
I guess

x2495iiii
05-14-2012, 09:52 PM
The animation has a "squareTarget" parameter. Just set that to a square that you want to explode, or set it to the explosion object itself and when you play the world, whatever "squareTarget" is set to will explode.

Yeah, that's because the explosion in the community pack was taken from that one top-down shooter world I was making way back when. The squaretarget allows for the original explosion to refer to a potentially infinite amount of simple squares, meaning infinite explosions but only one set of textures.

arty-fishL
05-15-2012, 03:33 AM
Yeah, that's because the explosion in the community pack was taken from that one top-down shooter world I was making way back when. The squaretarget allows for the original explosion to refer to a potentially infinite amount of simple squares, meaning infinite explosions but only one set of textures.I thought it was pretty useful. Evidently it is, because I've seen it used in multiple worlds after I borrowed (stole) it.

jediaction
05-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Hey Arty, I used it in one of my worlds to...recently...(cough) (cough);)