Alice version: 2.2 03/01/2012

os.name: Windows 7

os.version: 6.1

os.arch: x86

java.vm.name: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

java.vm.version: 20.0-b11

user.dir: C:\Users\Asitha\Downloads\Alice2.2\Required

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: component not found in tabbed pane

at javax.swing.JTabbedPane.setSelectedComponent(JTabb edPane.java:659)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.dialog.Start UpContentPane.setTabID(StartUpContentPane.java:372 )

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.dialog.Start UpContentPane.guiInit(StartUpContentPane.java:617)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.dialog.Start UpContentPane.<init>(StartUpContentPane.java:194)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.AuthoringToo l.dialogInit(AuthoringTool.java:668)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.AuthoringToo l.<init>(AuthoringTool.java:425)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.JAlice.main( JAlice.java:158)

Sometimes it lets me in the program, but then the window goes all funny like the image below:

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate. It was working fine before I restarted and before I applied Arty's patch (http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=47916#post47916)to have the "int as string" function back.

Can anyone help me on this? I need to get this project done by Saturday :(

aikmin
05-19-2012, 12:03 AM
You are getting the error because Alice is not able to find some required items (Example world, Tutorial files, or maybe the default template files). Please make sure that you have those folders in your Alice Required folder and you have read access to the files in the folder.

You do not need to install any patch for the "int as string" function. you are just missing the correct resources file. Attached is the correct resource file. Extract the content to your Alice-Required-resources-en folder.

arty-fishL
05-19-2012, 04:44 AM
Im using Windows 7 Ultimate. It was working fine before I restarted and before I applied Arty's patch (http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=47916#post47916)to have the "int as string" function back.Sorry if I caused that. My patch shouldn't have caused that; it just added an extra line into the style file. It would be the same as the one aikmin is providing, but I didn't want to use that method because people end up putting it in the wrong place and messing everything up.

MrMoke
05-27-2012, 06:29 PM
I was getting the same error with the script when re-booting, so I just went ahead and fixed "ALL" the style files for both languages manually. I like to migrate my students from the Alice Style to the Java Style at some point, so that they get familiar with the "Look and Feel" before jumping into Java.
My patched version is what I install on all workstations to save time.