PDA

View Full Version : Saber Fight

GameKid
05-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Yes, I know it's a lame title.
Saber fight is a competetive two-player game where you could be red knight or blue knight. I believe it's the first game to feature one-dimensional gameplay. Up and down/W and S to move, Left/A to strike. There is recharge time between attacks. The sword above the HP display indicates attack charge. If it's opaque, you can attack, if it isn't opaque or partially opaque, then you can't.
I'd like whoever reads this to test it out for me and tell me if it's any fun to play, or if it would be if it had more features. Please specify those features.

InsertName
05-30-2012, 06:06 PM
It would be more interesting if you added more effects. I like the *hit* effect.

p.s. darn I missed the 300 posts Sparta celebration.

jediaction
05-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Alright, first thing, you should make a box around the play button so you don't have to actually click the text in order for the game to start. The players should move a bit faster and the attacking should be faster. For some reason, I have to wait a few seconds before attacking everytime. The dudes should also turn. That's all for now to get the solid gameplay down.

zero00
05-31-2012, 02:10 AM
I believe it's the first game to feature one-dimensional gameplay.

I saw this Wolfenstein 1-D game (http://wonder-tonic.com/wolf1d/) before! :D

The attacks and movement should be faster, and you should probably decrease each player's health to maybe 20-25 or so.

GameKid
06-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Alright, first thing, you should make a box around the play button so you don't have to actually click the text in order for the game to start. I'll do that as soon as my vacation is over. The players should move a bit faster and the attacking should be faster. Okay. I can do that. For some reason, I have to wait a few seconds before attacking everytime. Read the thread, dude. That's the basic mechanic of the game. The dudes should also turn. That's all for now to get the solid gameplay down. I can't, as I'm using only two dummies for collision detection. I'm really terrible at getting them not to go off-screen. I'd need someone to help me for that.

GameKid
06-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Now that I'm back from my vacation, I fixed it up.
New features:
-Maps: Choose from three backgrounds
-Dodging: Press D or Right to dodge enemy attacks
-Boxes around menu items: Now you don't have to click spot on the text
EDIT: Fixed dodging. Now you can't spam-dodge. Now you have to wait just like attacking! The icon I drew over the sword indicates that.

meeatpizza
07-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Good game, but you should make the dodging faster and change the forward method from this

If "knight" distance to "front" > "knight2" distance to "front"

To

If "knight" distance to "front" -0.5 > "knight2" distance to "front"

So the players stay normal distance apart
oh and also zoom in more

drellem
07-25-2012, 09:26 PM
It would probably be cool if you could add in code to move left or right...except you wouldn't really move left or right, but in a circle around your opponent, and rotate the character to keep facing the opponent.

meeatpizza
07-26-2012, 07:56 AM
That would be really cool

fourbros
07-26-2012, 05:48 PM
It's a fun game. Adding a super-move would be awesome.

GameKid
07-30-2012, 05:42 PM
It's a fun game. Adding a super-move would be awesome.

Aaaand that's just what I did!
Now I did away with attack recharging and added charge attacks. Hold down the button for more power! :D