PDA

View Full Version : help

brentwharris
06-17-2012, 03:28 PM
I have an assignment and I can not figure out how to make a person dribble a basket ball. I can not figure out what I am doing wrong. Can anyone help me?

beachbum111111
06-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Rotate you characters limbs and stuff, then use the "set pose" option.

brentwharris
06-17-2012, 04:08 PM
I am just lost.

Here is the assignment. I understand how to make them do everything else but how to make the character dribble the ball. if I could just get it started I would be fine...... Help anyone?????

Create a world with a basketball court from the Web. Add two women from the Local gallery. Have one woman dribble the ball two times. Then, use a Loop to move toward the other woman. Use a distance to function to determine the number of times the loop repeats. Test your solution by moving the second woman to different locations on the court and running the program with each change. [You may give your women personal names.]

InsertName
06-17-2012, 08:03 PM
I would: make a woman rotating the arm or forearm up and down (or forwards and backwards). Using either poses or clear rotation. Then make the ball go up and down. At the same pace as the arm turning forwards or backwards.

GameKid
06-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Don't forget to vehicle the ball to the woman dribbling! You wouldn't want her taking off without the ball, would you?

djslater107
10-11-2012, 06:52 AM
There are tutorials built into the Alice2.3 software. Work through the first two or three.

If you are using Alice 3.1, there are no tutorials, but download Alice 2.3 and work through the tutorials, as the basics of the two versions are the same.

There are also Alice 2.3 tutorials available at http://www.cs.duke.edu/csed/alice/aliceInSchools/

Good luck,
Don Slater