PDA

View Full Version : Alice 3.1 Wont Start

zyraken
09-27-2012, 10:36 AM
I installed the program fine but then when I open it I get an error: LoadLibrary failed at error 126. If I right-click and run Alice as administrator it tells me java cannot be found but I installed and reinstalled to try and fix it with no luck.

jediaction
09-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Make sure you downloaded the right version.
Re-download Alice again.

Tell me what happens. That usually works.

djslater107
09-27-2012, 04:43 PM
It will be very helpful f you perform the following steps on your machine:

- Go to the command line on your machine.
-- Windows: Start Menu -> Run -> cmd)
-- Mac OS X: Applications -> Terminal

- type "java -version" (without the quotes).
- Copy and paste what is displayed and send it to us (don@alice.org)
- If you get a message indicating that the system does not recognize the command, the path to Java may not be set correctly.

olzki
12-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Hey all.

Work gave me a new laptop. Result. Need to do Alice stuff for work. Alice won't work on new laptop.

It's installed fine, but when I run it I get...

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

java not found. go to
http://www.alice.org/3/install_java
for details on how to install java.

Press any key to continue...

Which would all make perfect sense if it wasn't for the fact that I've downloaded and installed both the Java 7 Update 9 and the Java SE Development Kit Update 9 - I know because they are listed in my control panel list of installed programs.

To double check I went to http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp - it tells me that my java is working, and I have the latest version installed.

Any ideas?

I tried what an earlier poster said about using cmd to detect what version of java I had - if I'm doing it right, it just tells me that 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

If anyone could help with some advice, I'd be very grateful - need to get Alice working on this laptop.

Cheers!