PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Alice Community

jediaction
11-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Dear Alice Community,

I've been around for a long time and I've had such a blast getting to test your games, share my own, and help others with their own games. Just like many others before me, I will be moving on from Alice to the next step in Game Development. Alice is a great learning tool, and it's helped me in my journey to where I am today more than I can express in words.

I thank all of those who have helped me in the past. I will be in-active for a while, but I plan on returning in the future. If anyone asks me for help, I will be more than glad to help any way I can. There are multiple ways to contact me, through my company email, YouTube, etc. I will still be around but I hope all the newer members will help each other out as much as the older members helped me when I first started and through the years. This doesn't mean I will never return, I'll just be on a long vacation.

I've been surrounded for years by people I don't even know, but yet they have always been so willing to help me. I encourage all others in the community to continue to help each other, and keep this community as inspiring as it has always been. I've had a blast and I hope everyone else has had the same great experience and will continue to in the future.

Thank you to all, and I'll see you again some time in the future.

Best Regards,
Jediaction

DensetsuNoKaboom
11-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Don't go WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

dubastot
11-28-2012, 08:09 PM
It's been nice knowing you, bud. There's always the option of taking a visit once in a while like I do. I'm even thinking at trying to make a game in Alice with my real Java experience now, it'd just be interesting to see what I could come up with.

jediaction
11-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Yeah, and like I said, I won't be gone forever, I will just be very in active. I will not turn down any requests for help. Who knows, maybe I'll pick back up again using Alice. It's just unlikely at the moment. I will be visiting every once in a while.

beachbum111111
11-29-2012, 10:33 AM
You still owe me 15 bucks :C

djslater107
11-29-2012, 11:00 AM
On behalf of the Alivce Team, you are and always will be a valuable member of the community. We are looking forward to seeing where your travels take you, and looking forward to the cool things you will build. All the best, and see you soon.

jediaction
11-29-2012, 03:58 PM
You still owe me 15 bucks :C

huh?

On behalf of the Alice Team, you are and always will be a valuable member of the community. We are looking forward to seeing where your travels take you, and looking forward to the cool things you will build. All the best, and see you soon.

Thank you for your kind words. Hopefully I will get back in action again with Alice. Alice has evolved greatly over the years and I am so glad to have been able to experience it's greatness. I am looking forward to returning in the future and to continue sharing my experience with others.