Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Worlds (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   my first upload (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7921)

fourbros 01-12-2012 08:58 PM

my first upload

1 Attachment(s)
this is my first upload. please rate it.

controls
click to fire
w,a,s,d keys to move
1 and 2 to switch between weapons
press R to reload.
Q and E to peer left and right
C and Z to move left and right
hope you like it.

GameKid 01-12-2012 09:19 PM

It's glitchy. Really, really glitchy. It's good for a start, but you should work a bit longer on it before you release it next time. There was only one enemy, I believe, and I had to hack the world to find him.
But, still, I think you could be onto something with this world.

fourbros 01-12-2012 09:22 PM

[QUOTE=GameKid;45595]It's glitchy. Really, really glitchy. It's good for a start, but you should work a bit longer on it before you release it next time. There was only one enemy, I believe, and I had to hack the world to find him.
But, still, I think you could be onto something with this world.[/QUOTE]

well i didnt think that this was a game worth developing any further but now that i have you words of encouragement i think i will make a pretty good game, thanks GameKid.:D:D:D:D:D:D

jediaction 01-13-2012 04:37 PM

[B][I]Feedback...[/I][/B]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]Pros:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Decent Animations[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Good Ammo System[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]Cons:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Broken AI[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]No Bullet Detection[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Glitchy Camera System[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Almost No Sounds[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]No Music[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black]Overall[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4]20/100 by [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Chrome[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#ff0000][B]Games [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4]NEEDS WORK[/SIZE][/FONT]

[B][FONT=Courier New]First thing I'm wondering is, did you look at my Hero's Game for the ammo system. It's pretty much exact. This game is broken. There isn't even a menu or anything. The gun model and animations is the only thing that is decent in this game. The Ammo System does work which is another nice factor to the game, but the AI doesn't do a thing. I'm expecting this game to be updated, which then, I can probably update my review. For now, I will give it a start score.[/FONT][/B]

jediaction 01-13-2012 04:45 PM

Sorry about the review, I just give an honest opinion. I hope this game is updated...I changed the score summary to something nicer. Sorry about that. It really does stink to have that told to you and I don't mean it, so could everyone edit their quotes to my new review texts?

fourbros 01-13-2012 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;45612][B][I]Feedback...[/I][/B]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]Pros:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Decent Animations[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Good Ammo System[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]Cons:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Broken AI[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]No Bullet Detection[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Glitchy Camera System[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Almost No Sounds[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]No Music[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black]Overall[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4]20/100 by [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Chrome[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#ff0000][B]Games [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4]HIDIOUSLY BAD[/SIZE][/FONT]

[B][FONT=Courier New]First thing I'm wondering is, did you look at my Hero's Game for the ammo system. It's pretty much exact. This game is broken. There isn't even a menu or anything. The gun model and animations is the only thing that is decent in this game. The Ammo System does work which is another nice factor to the game, but the AI doesn't do a thing. I'm expecting this game to be updated, which then, I can probably update my review. For now, I will give it a start score.[/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]

wow:(:(
but i did not intend for this to be a complete game so i guess those scores were to be expected:)

arty-fishL 01-13-2012 07:58 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;45613]Sorry about the review, I just give an honest opinion. I hope this game is updated..lol.[/QUOTE]You could modify your reviews to give a better verdict; one that doesn't just slam negativity in a budding game makers face, but provides useful - encouraging - information instead.

eg[B][I][COLOR=indigo]
[/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=indigo]0-10 UNPLAYABLE AS YET[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=indigo]11-20 :(:([/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=indigo]21-30 [/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=indigo]SERIOUS IMPROVEMENTS NEEDED[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=indigo]31-40 [/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=indigo]REQUIRES FURTHER DEVELOPMENT[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=indigo]41-50 POOR[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=indigo]51-60 OK[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=indigo]61-70 PROMISING[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=indigo]71-80 GREAT[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=indigo]81-90 EXCELLENT[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=indigo]91-99 OUTSTANDING![/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=indigo]100 :eek: OMFG - ABSOLUTELY GODLIKE![/COLOR][/I][/B]

Or something along those lines, maybe not even a complete change, just nicer.

EDIT - I decided I liked this idea, some I'm using something similar to it.

AliceMaster00 01-14-2012 04:23 AM

[QUOTE=fourbros;45617]wow:(:(
but i did not intend for this to be a complete game so i guess those scores were to be expected:)[/QUOTE]

You can join the FPS Creators group for tutorials on how to make or improve fps games. I have some tutorials that will probably help.:D

GameKid 01-16-2012 07:51 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;45612]

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4]HIDIOUSLY BAD[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/QUOTE]
You spelled hideous wrong.
You know, I think you should take a spelling class or something. You obviously try really hard to make yourself look professional-- and it works, but misspelling every fifth word is a throwoff.

jediaction 01-20-2012 08:50 PM

Haha, well, I actually never noticed that, and please don't even try to start a fight. We have had this conversation before. Every long time member knows I type to fast and don't check my spelling but hey, nobody is perfect. I have actually gone back to many threads and fixed typos, but I'll fix the spelling since it bugs you. Arty, you make a good point. I don't mean for it to be mean, but I guess I should make it a lot nicer. Plus, I will update the review if the game is updated. NO DOUBT.

Professional? What makes you say that?