Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Game Ideas! :) (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=859)

islandfever 07-31-2007 01:57 PM

Game Ideas! :)

I'm kinda bored with the Alice game I'm making, it's getting old and I'm making it too big, so I often have to reboot to reduce chances of alice freezing up. Anyone have any ideas of a game that isn't too big but fun, and I'll make one for it. When I try to think of one all I get are common ideas. Thanks! :D

PopnTheDeerInHumanForm 08-17-2007 12:22 PM

SimCity 3000 Unlimited Though it is Hard to find try SimMania 3 it has it

PS : What's Boolean Logic... Sounds Funny ;)

islandfever 08-18-2007 08:16 PM

LOL boolean logic isn't exactly funny........................ It's true/false statements in Alice. It all depends on how you think- sarcastically, or seriously, or hyped-up-on-sugar-and-can't-stop-anyway-so-I-keep-on-laughing laughing. :D ;)

DickBaldwin 08-18-2007 08:34 PM

I have been looking at that closing and thinking that boolean logic is more commonly used with an assertion than with a question. In other words, wouldn't it be more correct to say

True or False: I am the only one who likes boolean logic.

than it is to say

True or False: Am I the only one who likes boolean logic?

For example, which of the following pseudocode statements would make the most sense in a program?

if(I am the only one who likes boolean logic.) {print "Big deal!"}

if(Am I the only one who likes boolean logic?){print "Big deal!"}

Dick Baldwin

islandfever 08-18-2007 09:13 PM

[QUOTE=DickBaldwin;3224]if(I am the only one who likes boolean logic.) {print "Big deal!"}

if(Am I the only one who likes boolean logic?){print "Big deal!"}

Dick Baldwin[/QUOTE]

I understand what you mean. But when I made my sig I thought it wouldn't really matter. It was supposed to be a stupid joke that only I laugh at. hahahahaha :D lol

I think I'm gonna change my sig now anyway. :D

PS lol big deal

PopnTheDeerInHumanForm 08-24-2007 04:33 PM

Just the stupid funniness makes me laugh too;)

serenity 09-17-2007 02:39 PM

Actually a question or an instruction (ie pick up the ball) doesn't qualify as a boolean proposition. It has to be a statement like "My nose is green." It's possible for a proposition to be true or false (in this case, it's false). If it isn't possible for the proposition to be true or false, it doesn't qualify as a proposition.

serenity
(thinking that this might not be the best way to introduce herself and wondering if she should just keep her mouth shut for a while...Oh well...why start now?)

Ping 10-08-2007 05:42 PM

Boolean logic is so easy to comprehend.

if(theBestLoggedOn==True)
print("Welcome Ping!");
else
print("Welcome person other than Ping!");

or. . .

while(theBestLoggedOn==True)
simplyTheBest.play();

ulrich200 06-12-2008 10:04 PM

ok . . .

. . . changing the subject back to what it's supposed to be. i would suggest some sort of racing game.

ChyTheTasmanianTiger 07-23-2008 01:06 PM

Perhaps a Top down or a side Scroller