Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Worlds (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Science Project (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3728)

Dameria 01-03-2010 08:56 PM

Science Project

1 Attachment(s)
I just completed my project for science, which was to make a movie about 2 cells going through the cell cycle. Well, it took me 17 hours, and here it is. Watch it and I hope you like it. Maybe you can remember what it was like to learn this in Biology 1. :)

Tell me what you think. I am handing this in tomorrow, I'll tell you what I get on it.

EDIT: Yay 222nd post!

dubastot 01-03-2010 09:48 PM

[QUOTE=Dameria;15246]
EDIT: Yay 222nd post![/QUOTE]

Yay! I did that too when I posted my 222nd post.

x2495iiii 01-04-2010 06:37 PM

Very nice. I did this kind of thing all the time in high school, Alice is super-useful for creating unique, look-at-this type projects.

I was actually thinking about uploading something I made back in AP English to youtube. It's the first 10 stanzas of the 22nd canto of the poem "The Song of Hiawatha." where Hiawatha fights some fire serpents. Everyone in my class loved it.

jediaction 01-07-2010 08:51 PM

I gave it an A+, man this was awsome, but add quiet and peaceful music like Distance, the song that comes with Vista, if you dont have Vista, then just add some other peaceful song

zarfang8 01-08-2010 03:44 PM

That was great, Nice Animating, I liked The guy talking in the room, (and I actaully learned a lot from the video too.)

I have only one thing i could think of in the whole thing you could add. When you see the cells getting bigger, You should have a background picture, or really any kind of frame of reference, just to show they are getting bigger. At first I thought the camera was jst getting closer to them.

Other than that, This was great. I thought it was one of you're best alice projects. Had lots of fun watching this. Good job!

I voted for an A+.

jediaction 01-08-2010 04:16 PM

Yah you should finish this

Dameria 01-08-2010 06:20 PM

I had a tight deadline on it, I was working last minute. I would have added more of the guy talking, but I didn't have time. I still haven't shown my science class yet, but once I do and I get a grade back I will tell you what I get.

I don't think I'm going to put a point of reference, it would make it too confusing, and I don't think I am going to work on it anymore.

jediaction 01-08-2010 06:52 PM

oh ok

Dameria 02-12-2010 05:02 PM

Grade: 100

Sorry to be this late in telling you the results. I did get a 100 on this program, and I think it was the best video project he got. He thought it was great and very creative.

Also, I am working on ANOTHER science project due by next Wednesday (March 24). I think this one might be even cooler because it is not just a movie, its a user-interactive program. It is going to be a double helix of a DNA molecule, where when you click on each part of the molecule it will tell you what it is, and when you press the arrow keys it will spin the DNA molecule. Well, at least that is what I am planning on doing, I'm not sure yet if I will be able to.

I will post the project when I finish it so that you can see it and tell me what you think.

jediaction 02-12-2010 05:41 PM

RIGHT ON MAN! You got show your teacher who can really make good PROJECTS! have fun, looking forward to it