Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Community News and Announcements (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Alice Community Game Contest! (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3909)

shaydon 02-11-2010 06:40 PM

=)

hey i would like to join but i dont want to be to serious i aiming for 2nd to last:)

jediaction 02-11-2010 06:48 PM

Well shaydon, i guess you can join but remember this is a competition. I dont want everyone thinking (i dont want to be serious) or this competition would be pointless. Some one will take the title of

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=6]!BEST GAME MAKER![/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=6][/SIZE]
[FONT=Lucida Console]So I am saying, you can do this but i dont want everyone to start doing this. I hope im making myself clear[/FONT]

Zack Strife 02-11-2010 06:56 PM

I would also like to join, I plan on making a game out of Midgar, though I'm thinking It will only be in sector 1, I won't be able to have memory enough to make it around all of Midgar.

shaydon 02-11-2010 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;16796]Well shaydon, i guess you can join but remember this is a competition. I dont want everyone thinking (i dont want to be serious) or this competition would be pointless. Some one will take the title of

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=6]!BEST GAME MAKER![/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=6][/SIZE]
[FONT=Lucida Console]So I am saying, you can do this but i dont want everyone to start doing this. I hope im making myself clear[/FONT][/QUOTE]

okay then count me out mayby when i have a better understanding with alice
thanks anyway

zonedabone 02-11-2010 08:30 PM

Are we allowed to use python scripting? If so, I'm in! I'm wanting to make a game that can save, have high scores, and even possibly update itself! (Possibly download a new version, and leave it to the user to run that version.) You won't be dissapointed!

Ok! I'm planning on making a game called Headshot! It's a first person shooter with profiles, and possibly online high scores!

x2495iiii 02-11-2010 09:15 PM

[QUOTE=Zack Strife;16797]I would also like to join, I plan on making a game out of Midgar, though I'm thinking It will only be in sector 1, I won't be able to have memory enough to make it around all of Midgar.[/QUOTE]

Done.

[QUOTE=shaydon;16804]okay then count me out mayby when i have a better understanding with alice
thanks anyway[/QUOTE]

If you change your mind, let me know.

[QUOTE=zonedabone;16806]Are we allowed to use python scripting? If so, I'm in! I'm wanting to make a game that can save, have high scores, and even possibly update itself! (Possibly download a new version, and leave it to the user to run that version.) You won't be dissapointed![/QUOTE]

Yup, in fact I'm planning on script-ifying RP4.

Zack Strife 02-12-2010 02:07 PM

It is going to be a game, though i'm not sure I will even stand a chance with all these jython geniuses

x2495iiii 02-12-2010 05:25 PM

[QUOTE=Zack Strife;16833]It is going to be a game, though i'm not sure I will even stand a chance with all these jython geniuses[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about that. The jython scripting thing has only recently been discovered, and the only one who's getting relly good at it is zonedabone, only one of your competitors.

Besides, the contest is for the best overall game, not necessarily the one with the most features.

x2495iiii 02-12-2010 10:59 PM

As cool as the jython discussion is, it's kind of off topic. This thread is meant for contest entries and inquiries only, so I've moved it to a different thread in the How Do I...? forum.

jediaction 02-14-2010 08:06 AM

ok