Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Announcements > Community News and Announcements

Closed Thread

Old
cardsfan527

Default 02-19-2010, 10:56 PM

I agree with jedi here. He hasn't posted anything completely worthless or unrelated. He was proposing a rule and shouldnt be criticized for it.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 02-19-2010, 11:11 PM

Well, Lance may not have read the entire post or the previous posts, which is something you've done too, jediaction, so go easy on him. By the way, Lance, your students are free to enter the contest as well. If you'd like, you can even enter a submission from your best student on their behalf. It has to comply with the rules, though, so please read the first post in this thread carefully before choosing.

I don't think there's a way to vote multiple times on a poll anyway. Even I can't do it (though I CAN change poll results to whatever I want...hehe).

As for the rule, sure I suppose it can be an official addition. Adds an element of sportsmanship to the contest. Good call, jediaction.

I'm glad to see you're so involved and enthusiastic about the contest, jediaction, but you kind of created that "official" submission thread without my permission. It's no harm to use it, I suppose, but please leave the contest administration to me from now on. I'd rather you focused on answering other users' questions and making your submission the best that it can be.

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 02-20-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
Well, Lance may not have read the entire post or the previous posts, which is something you've done too, jediaction, so go easy on him. By the way, Lance, your students are free to enter the contest as well.
Ok but im just helping you know. You cant take it the wrong way

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Last edited by jediaction; 02-27-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Old
dmitchell

Default 02-27-2010, 02:48 AM

im in

ps how do i post the games

x2495iiii - Done.

Last edited by x2495iiii; 02-27-2010 at 05:47 PM.

Old
jediaction

Default 02-27-2010, 11:00 AM

Go to attachments when your posting a thread or comment down at the bottom

Old
zarfang8

Default 02-27-2010, 12:37 PM

Deplenator and I were thinking about making a racing game, and would work together on it. I suppose this would not be legal to post on the game contest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceA View Post
he is flooding the room with non-sensical posts
If you're so ticked about it, then don't make huge quotes that take up lots of space unless it is neccessary, and If it is only include the details in your quote that are actually important. See mine? I didn't quote you're whole paragraph, just one small sentence. You could do this to keep from "flooding" the thread. I've seen a lot of big, unneccessary quotes, (And this is not only from jedi and lance) that don't need to be there and if they really do could simply be like, one or two sentences long.

Last edited by x2495iiii; 02-27-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Old
jediaction

Default 02-27-2010, 01:27 PM

I fixed the comments

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 02-27-2010, 05:57 PM

[QUOTE=zarfang8;17672]Deplenator and I were thinking about making a racing game, and would work together on it. I suppose this would not be legal to post on the game contest?

Team efforts are acceptable as long as you don't mind sharing the credit.

If two or more entrants who were going to work alone decide to work together, there can only be one submission between them and all but one name will be removed from the list (this one name can be replaced by a team name if you wish).

(')>

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 02-27-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarfang8 View Post
Deplenator and I were thinking about making a racing game, and would work together on it. I suppose this would not be legal to post on the game contest?
Team efforts are acceptable as long as you don't mind sharing the credit.

If two or more entrants who were going to work alone decide to work together, there can only be one submission between them and all but one name will be removed from the list (this one name can be replaced by a team name if you wish).

(')>

March 1st
Old
madden

Default March 1st - 02-27-2010, 06:22 PM

So I know March 1st is basically the due date, Which means I have like 2 days left to finish my project. Haha, Thing is... My project was going to be a C.S.S Level (The third one to be exact), but I only have the first fourth of the level built.. The problem isn't that I can't get it done in time.. its that, in that one fourth of the level, I have used a bunch of memory.. and I have used so much code that I am afraid if I add anymore then it will freeze (Which it already has a few times... trying to fix that). And I know you where talking about making another contest with a series instead of just one project. So my question is... Can I enter just one forth of my project (Yes it will still have an ending, it will just be very short) into this contest, and then re-enter it into the series contest plus the other three fourths of the level (Or maybe even the whole game), or should I just try and cram the whole level into one file and hope for the best?

Check out my new website - http://www.freewebs.com/maddenuser/

Special thanks to the people who are supporting me...
Drjim, rich0e0rick, Chris101b, ZED, jediaction, x2495iiii, ("Robby"), gabe, JustasM, and Shadow Sovereign.

Games...

CSS - a sidescroler/adventure game.
CASE 1.01 - a escape the room/adventure game.
In the Black and White - a shooter/adventure game.
Field Of Wonder - a adventure game
C.R.E.S - a action/adventure game.

Can you eat 10 cookies in 5 seconds?
I did.

Closed Thread