Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

point total basis-elapsed time
Old
miogi

Default point total basis-elapsed time - 11-29-2006, 03:39 PM

hey all, just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has helped me before.

I have my final asignment of the semester and I have been on it for a few days. I have to make a colision detect thingy where a car drives around and if it hits something (building, object) it will stop, I have used colision detect before and I am ok with it, the problelm I am having is that I have to make a timer in background visual to user and it has to count the time I played without hitting any object, as well as it has to be on a point total basis. I have never used this before and I have asked for help, but the only thing my teacher has said was to figure it out myself
I have tried and I am having such a hard time.. please could someone help me figure this out, and believe me, its not because a lack of trying! lol

anyone, please help me......

I just have problems with this subject as I am doing quite well in all others..

thanks in advance..

Miogi

Old
DrJim

Default 11-29-2006, 07:39 PM

Not sure which part of the problem is giving you trouble but if it's the timer, there is a nice example in the Dunn, et al text, pp. 252-257. You should to be able to add to that as necessary.

ok any other help?
Old
miogi

Default ok any other help? - 12-01-2006, 06:40 PM

I do have the counter working, even though it seems very slow and I cant get it faster, but is there a way that I can convert the time played to earned points? or can I show points earned besides counter at same time?
and I know this is asking alot, but does someone have a example chase world that I could look at and try to get some idea's? I will make my own, but it would be nice to get some help, even the slightest little help, this is my final and I am struggling with it.. Thanks

PLEASE anyone , if you can help if would be very much appreciated..

thanks

Miogi