Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How do I add a "Stop" command to the cancel button?
Old
tlm4rdh

Default How do I add a "Stop" command to the cancel button? - 10-31-2009, 07:17 AM

I have created a loop in a world that makes an object jump and spin based on "ask a question." The user enters a number of times they want the object to jump and spin. When I click the cancel button I get an error. How can I add a function to "STOP" the program without an error?
Please help

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-31-2009, 01:21 PM

I couldn't find a way around this error message, since Alice won't allow number variable to be set to none and there's no way to put a preset value inside the textbox, so you'll just have to put some kind of "DO NOT click cancel" warning in your prompt. Sorry, man.

(')>

Old
xxledzeppelin2x3

Default 10-31-2009, 01:27 PM

ohhh im sorry haha i read your question wrong and that was probably the most ridiculous answer i have ever given lmao, sorry mate! i made a demo and everything for what i thought your problem was but i was in a hurry so i skimmed over the question thats why i didnt understand.... hehe

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-31-2009, 05:38 PM

Ok this is weird. My copy of Alice 2.2 strated generating errors every time I minimized it, right (never happened before), so I deleted and re-downloaded Alice 2.2 to find that it's been updated. The old version that I had this morning set the number variable to <None> when you clicked cancel, but the new one sets it to 0! I posted the world I used to test it, but really, that's something I never knew about Alice 2.2!

Yet another reason to like 2.2 over 2.0, though...heheh.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w youCanCancel.a2w (217.6 KB, 18 views)

(')>

Old
xxledzeppelin2x3

Default 10-31-2009, 09:10 PM

haha that is my theory! but its good you found a solution!

Your suggestion helped.
Old
tlm4rdh

Default Your suggestion helped. - 11-03-2009, 11:42 AM

Thanks X2495iiii - your suggestion helped. I upgraded to 2.2 and the error message went away. Now if I could just figure out the rest of my issues in Alice I would be doing good. I guess it just takes a lot of practice.

Thanks again!

Old
honcchan

Default 06-28-2010, 10:34 PM

solution found