Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Old
Ping

Default 09-23-2007, 12:15 AM

I have learned from my mistake and i removed the music from the program, and i deleted all arguing posts in favor of copyright infringement? sorry for jeopardizing the Alice community with my inappropriate actions. Any feedback on my program though would be highly appreciated.

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 09-23-2007, 08:37 AM

Gabe, sorry for the false alarm. Looks like Ping's previous posting explains the strange sequence of posts.

Banned
Old
debussybunny563

Exclamation Banned - 10-11-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceA View Post
And ALWAYS be carefull not to violate music copyright laws!
Quote:
I am not being critical of you - it is a cool program. But regardless of where you downloaded it from, you or your parents, can still be sued for copyright infringement.

Good luck in your next project !
Quote:
Continue to post copy-righted material in this forum, and you might have problems friend.
Quote:
Then I am sure you are familiar with Diamond v. Deihr, Supreme Court. I would continue to ask that you do NOT post material that is not yours.

I continue to like your program....but perhaps you may wish to change the music.
Quote:
Being a 2nd year law student I'm sure you have access to this but just in case:

westlaw.com - The GREATEST legal minds use it! ...perhaps you should also.

Call it what you wish but you are still breaking the law... something I am trying to teach my students NOT to do!! Help me and please remove the post.

Thank you,
Forget the double post, FIVE IN A ROW! And with such condescending content!

EDIT: And BTW, I pwn at DDR.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 10-11-2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Dameria's watching me... lol

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-11-2010, 09:18 PM

Interesting that you'd bring up such an old post like this one, but it is still relevant to today's community.

Quote:
Then I am sure you are familiar with Diamond v. Deihr, Supreme Court. I would continue to ask that you do NOT post material that is not yours.

I continue to like your program....but perhaps you may wish to change the music.
There's a reason why this guy was banned. He was always condescending, arrogant, and disruptive to the progress of many Alice users. Don't listen to him, cause he's talking out of his rear end.

Diamond v. Deihr dealt with the patentability of physical processes controlled by software, or in other words, machines with computers built into them. Not only is it super, super old (1981), but it's also completely inapplicable and irrelevant to the issue in question, that is, the fair use of copyrighted, freely distributed material. A better citation would be the DMCA or something of the like, but Diamond v. Deihr? Methinks he just googled "patent software" and cited the first case he saw to sound smart.

Note to future users: All the Googling in the world won't cure ineptitude.

Thank you for reminding me why I banned you, you dense, pompous windbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post
He (lanceA) does have a point however, and not only is he (Ping) putting himself at risk, but he (Ping) is also putting the Alice community forums at risk.
Bull.

First, the communities are protected by a thick barrier of educational leeway, since all worlds can be argued to be used for educational purposes. In fact, I know several teachers who find worlds on the forums to show their students new concepts. That's that whole point of community sharing of worlds: the spread of knowledge as it is individually attained.

Second, even if someone here did do something that a company considered "infringement," we're not only so vague and unknown to the corporate world that the likelihood of this act being discovered is next to none, but even if this act WOULD be discovered, the chance of a successful lawsuit being leveled against the maker of said world would also be next to none, given the aforementioned educational leeway.

Third, worst-case scenario is that a lawsuit happens and is successful. However, the forums themselves wouldn't be affected by the lawsuit, as we're not responsible for the actions of our individual users or their repercussions, legal, financial, or otherwise. This means only he would be in "jeopardy," not the forums.

In conclusion, if any of you guys uses work that you suspect may be copyrighted in your worlds, just include a disclaimer in your post or in the world itself that credits the original creator, as that way you can claim it as a not-for-profit educational tribute, making it fair use.

Got it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
I have learned from my mistake and i removed the music from the program, and i deleted all arguing posts in favor of copyright infringement? sorry for jeopardizing the Alice community with my inappropriate actions. Any feedback on my program though would be highly appreciated.
Poor kid. Wish I'd been here three years ago. Sure hope his awesome world wasn't too stunted by the immensely thick wall that is Lance Allen's ego.

And no one else defended him, either. Buncha tards.

Old
jediaction

Default 10-14-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debussybunny563 View Post

Forget the double post, FIVE IN A ROW! And with such condescending content!

EDIT: And BTW, I pwn at DDR.
I feel bad to. I would of supported Ping. Thats sad, and why wasn't Lance A banned sooner?

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Last edited by jediaction; 10-26-2011 at 08:41 AM.