Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

I Need Help Please!!!!!
Old
Southern Belle

Unhappy I Need Help Please!!!!! - 04-01-2011, 11:18 AM

heyal,

i'm working on a project that has rock, scissors, and dynomite and the user enters a number for guy and guy should say #1 rock, or #2 scissors, or #3 dynomite. Then the girl should have the same options.

what i can't figure out is that the guy will say #1 rock but thats as far as he goes, a team mate got the girl to say #2 scissors but its not in order. what am i doing wrong what do i have to do to make guy say #2 or #3 its just not working.

thanks for any help you can offer!

southern belle

Old
jediaction

Default 04-01-2011, 11:58 AM

Hmm. If you can post the project it would be eaiser to work with.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
Southern Belle

Question 04-02-2011, 05:48 AM

you mean the world itself? here is what i have so far but others are working on shrinking objects i need help with the code.

ask user for number 1,2,3 for rock, scissors, dynamite
then we want the hands to raise and come down at same time and see who wins.

i can't get the 1. separation for ask number for guy then for girl and i can't get the guy to say #2 scissors or #3 dynamite i've uploaded my world so u can see.

thank you for your help!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w New Team Project.a2w (2.82 MB, 1 views)

this is jetplane that i'm working on
Old
Southern Belle

Question this is jetplane that i'm working on - 04-02-2011, 07:00 AM

this one the planes are to turn and then fly off together at same time....i have them turning individually then it seems to fly off together but in increments. please take a look and tell me where i've gone wrong. i have the teacher looking it over too but not sure its acceptable.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Jet Planes.a2w (1.42 MB, 5 views)

Old
jediaction

Default 04-02-2011, 10:48 AM

I downloaded both. I will give you some help as soon as I am done with some things

Edit: First of all. Your "FIrst team project" game has nothing in it so it wont do anything. I am kinda confused on the kinda of thing your looking for. Sorry, but this just isnt my strong point. I cant help you much on that. I like Arty would be able to. Again, sorry...

For the Jets. I noticed that they were not in a "do together" For the all in order. I changed it to a For all together and changed some things and put them in Do together functions. It worked...Here
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Jet Planes.a2w (1.43 MB, 1 views)

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Last edited by jediaction; 04-02-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Old
Southern Belle

Default 04-03-2011, 03:07 AM

Hi Jediaction,

well i finally got the jetplanes to work right and they had to be in an array instead of list and got the together working right too, thanks so much.

as far as the team project i also have guy and girl with userinput and they now answer to correct number.

now what i could really use help on is a project that is due on monday and its 4 helicopters that must spin blades or how ever you want to describe it lol, and i have the 1,2 spinning and with the same methods and functions as 1,2 but 3,4 won't spin. i'll upload what i have so far and would greatly appreciate your help on this where am i messing up the code after 2nd heli? it looks the same and is in a do all together. i think if i can get the other 2 heli's to spin then the rest...having them say message and then fly off together at same time might be easier to do.

thank you so very much!
southern belle