Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

People in cars
Old
laurentam2007

Thumbs down People in cars - 09-17-2007, 07:54 PM

Hi,
I have an assignment I need to do. Part of it involves a car pulling up to a house, and a small family exiting the car. Is there a way to do this? I've tried everything I can think of and I've come up with nothing.

Thanks so much.

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 09-18-2007, 07:35 AM

Yes, there is a way to do that, or at least to approximate what you describe if you can find something resembling a car with doors that open in the gallery. Don't forget to search the online gallery. It contains many more objects than the local gallery.

However, to cause the people's limbs and other body parts to be animated properly as they exit the car and walk away will require quite a lot of Alice programming skill.

You may want to take a look at the free online Alice tutorials at http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm to see if you get any ideas. Pay particular attention to Appendix A as well as to the property named isShowing. For example, you may want to cause the lower body parts of the passengers in the car to have an isShowing property value of false as the car arrives so that only their heads are visible through the car windows.

That is a very interesting project, and would require quite a lot of programming effort to complete in a way that causes the animation to look realistic. Please post it for everyone to enjoy when you finish it.

Old
islandfever

Default 09-23-2007, 08:34 PM

Yup, good luck with the project!