Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Awesome!
Old
Dj Tech42
Senior Member
 
Dj Tech42's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Join Date: Feb 2011
Talking Awesome! - 08-24-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
That's got me thinking

I'm working on an update right now.
It features:
- An OS module patch
- More functions for use with numbers
- A function that provides the user's home directory (So the stuff Dj Tech42 is talking about can be resolved automatically)
- A function that provides the Alice directory
- Some other features.
Cool! What file structure does Linux have? Windows is C:\folder\folder and Mac is /folder/folder. I am wondering because I have a Windows version and a Mac version of my flight simulator, but will one of the versions work on Linux, too?


Flight Simulator with Dogfight Modes:
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6840
   
Reply With Quote
Old
Jabadahut50
Member
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default 08-24-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
That's got me thinking

I'm working on an update right now.
It features:
- An OS module patch
- More functions for use with numbers
- A function that provides the user's home directory (So the stuff Dj Tech42 is talking about can be resolved automatically)
- A function that provides the Alice directory
- Some other features.
this would make the job of saving and loading so much easier and i could really use it. looking forward to next update now
   
Reply With Quote
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Default 08-26-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Tech42 View Post
Cool! What file structure does Linux have? Windows is C:\folder\folder and Mac is /folder/folder. I am wondering because I have a Windows version and a Mac version of my flight simulator, but will one of the versions work on Linux, too?
Not got a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabadahut50 View Post
this would make the job of saving and loading so much easier and i could really use it. looking forward to next update now
This is on hold because I'm wanting Addons out ASAP, then I can work on this again.


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Old
Jabadahut50
Member
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default 08-26-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
Not got a clue.

This is on hold because I'm wanting Addons out ASAP, then I can work on this again.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Darnit i was hoping to be able to finish my game with the new version. oh well can't wait for eitehr soooooo. confuzzled happy unhappy explosive creeper troll awsome face!
   
Reply With Quote
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Default 08-27-2011, 08:55 AM

When using the IO Tool you can make it save to the Alice directory by setting the save path without a directory (ie "savedata.dat" only, without directory). But, I'm sorry - I am quite busy with Addons etc.


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Old
David B
Senior Member
 
David B's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,143
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Twilight Zone!
Default 08-27-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DensetsuNoKaboom View Post
My head is spinning, partly because Arty just made a new manly batch of awesome, but also partly because I don't know what to do with it.

Can you write new .txt files with it?
I know...I said already that it looks interesting, but at the same time, what's it for?


██████████████████████
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░▓▓▓▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░▓▓▓▓░█
█░▓░░░▓░░▓░▓░▓░░▓░░░░█
█░▓▓▓▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░▓▓▓░░█
█░▓░░░░░░▓░▓░▓░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░░░░░░░▓░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
██████████████████████

________________

Alice Hater? Rant Here!: http://tinyurl.com/HateAlice
   
Reply With Quote
Old
Dj Tech42
Senior Member
 
Dj Tech42's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Join Date: Feb 2011
Talking 08-27-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
When using the IO Tool you can make it save to the Alice directory by setting the save path without a directory (ie "savedata.dat" only, without directory). But, I'm sorry - I am quite busy with Addons etc.
Whoa, awesome! I didn't know about that! That should make the world work on any computer very easily. Thanks!


Flight Simulator with Dogfight Modes:
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6840
   
Reply With Quote
Old
Dj Tech42
Senior Member
 
Dj Tech42's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 202
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default 09-04-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B View Post
I know...I said already that it looks interesting, but at the same time, what's it for?
It lets you save things from your world (like settings, what level you were on, achievements). You write text to a text file. Then, when the world runs, it loads from the text file and using if statements, you can have the world set variables to "restore its progress." So, it basically lets you save while the Alice world is running, which is AWESOME.


Flight Simulator with Dogfight Modes:
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6840
   
Reply With Quote
Awesome!
Old
David B
Senior Member
 
David B's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,143
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Twilight Zone!
Thumbs up Awesome! - 09-04-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Tech42 View Post
It lets you save things from your world (like settings, what level you were on, achievements). You write text to a text file. Then, when the world runs, it loads from the text file and using if statements, you can have the world set variables to "restore its progress." So, it basically lets you save while the Alice world is running, which is AWESOME.
I am envious that I am not smart enough to figure out how to do that! That is awesome!


██████████████████████
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░▓▓▓▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░▓▓▓▓░█
█░▓░░░▓░░▓░▓░▓░░▓░░░░█
█░▓▓▓▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░▓▓▓░░█
█░▓░░░░░░▓░▓░▓░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░░░░░░░▓░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
██████████████████████

________________

Alice Hater? Rant Here!: http://tinyurl.com/HateAlice
   
Reply With Quote
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Arrow 09-05-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B View Post
I am envious that I am not smart enough to figure out how to do that! That is awesome!
Yeh, its a file Input/Output tool for reading and writing files and performing file operations.


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Copyright ©2017, Carnegie Mellon University
Alice 2.x 1999-2012, Alice 3.x 2008-2012, Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.