Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Sahara Zombies!
Old
BostEST57
Junior Member
 
BostEST57's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Smile Sahara Zombies! - 10-21-2011, 12:00 AM

Hey all this is my first finished Alice Game

It's called Sahara Zombies and its self explanatory.
(oh but you can test the FPS controls while still in the title page)

Post what you think of it and your high score
Mine's 7588

-Oh and I know the zombie glitches out every once in a while, but this is my first finished game its bound to have a few bugs

Let me know what you think!

Screenshots:


Attached Files
File Type: a2w SaharaZombies.a2w (9.78 MB, 142 views)

Last edited by BostEST57; 10-21-2011 at 01:43 PM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
jediaction
Senior Member
 
jediaction's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,064
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Default 10-21-2011, 07:19 AM

I'll review it when I get a chance.


Website: www.salokingames.com
FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames
   
Reply With Quote
Old
GameKid
Senior Member
 
GameKid's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 467
Join Date: May 2011
Location: My magnificent castle
Default 10-21-2011, 11:58 PM

This game was pretty good. The story was also quite intriguing. I didn't play it for long, for I got bored when I was running around with no zombies to kill. The only thing that is bad of this game is that the shot method backs up (Use the "Begin" section of the "While a key is pressed" event to fix.). I'd say it's very good for a first.
Four stars.


[COLOR=e4eaf2]Your text here[/COLOR]
Come on, you know you want to try it.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
BostEST57
Junior Member
 
BostEST57's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default 10-22-2011, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameKid View Post
This game was pretty good. The story was also quite intriguing. I didn't play it for long, for I got bored when I was running around with no zombies to kill. The only thing that is bad of this game is that the shot method backs up (Use the "Begin" section of the "While a key is pressed" event to fix.). I'd say it's very good for a first.
Four stars.
Thanks! I knew about that shot issue i just didn't think that would be a problem in this because the score adds for the less shots you take, so your encouraged to go for accuracy. And the zombie always appears at least 20 meters away, so he shouldn't be hard to find.
But thanks for the feedback!
   
Reply With Quote
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Default 10-22-2011, 07:18 PM

The atmosphere was scary, perfect and you even thought up a backing story to go with it. I think the game is very well presented and fun too. On my first go I got 2405, not anywhere near your score, but still its a start.


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Old
BostEST57
Junior Member
 
BostEST57's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default 10-23-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
The atmosphere was scary, perfect and you even thought up a backing story to go with it. I think the game is very well presented and fun too. On my first go I got 2405, not anywhere near your score, but still its a start.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed it
   
Reply With Quote
Old
jediaction
Senior Member
 
jediaction's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,064
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Default 11-03-2011, 03:51 PM

Feedback...

Pros:

Great Sounds
Well Animated Zombies
End Screen
Decent Fun
Great Story

Cons:

Freezing issue
A little dull

Overall

75/100 by Chrome Games
GOOD

I'll start with the issues. I could still shoot after the bullets were on 0. One this is that you can still shoot after you died. The game froze everytime for a split second. After every shot the game frame rate dropped to 0 for about a half a second. The game suffers greatly because of that. I like the story and it fits with the game very well. The gun animation and sounds work very well. The gun reloading took a little bit to long, but that is very minor. The gameplay seemed a little dull but fun. The sounds worked very well and gave this game a very uniqe atmosphere. This is very well done and I enjoyed it. This is a good game and is in the higher ranked section of the games this year.


Website: www.salokingames.com
FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames
   
Reply With Quote
Old
BostEST57
Junior Member
 
BostEST57's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default 11-03-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Feedback...

Pros:

Great Sounds
Well Animated Zombies
End Screen
Decent Fun
Great Story

Cons:

Freezing issue
A little dull

Overall

75/100 by Chrome Games
GOOD

I'll start with the issues. I could still shoot after the bullets were on 0. One this is that you can still shoot after you died. The game froze everytime for a split second. After every shot the game frame rate dropped to 0 for about a half a second. The game suffers greatly because of that. I like the story and it fits with the game very well. The gun animation and sounds work very well. The gun reloading took a little bit to long, but that is very minor. The gameplay seemed a little dull but fun. The sounds worked very well and gave this game a very uniqe atmosphere. This is very well done and I enjoyed it. This is a good game and is in the higher ranked section of the games this year.
Yeah it has a few bugs but thanks for reviewing it. I'm glad you enjoyed it overall
   
Reply With Quote
Old
jediaction
Senior Member
 
jediaction's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,064
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Default 11-04-2011, 07:24 AM

I mostly did.


Website: www.salokingames.com
FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
revolver, share worlds, zombie, zombie game

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Copyright ©2017, Carnegie Mellon University
Alice 2.x 1999-2012, Alice 3.x 2008-2012, Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.