Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Hmmm...
Old
swansoneagle

Default Hmmm... - 12-15-2007, 04:15 PM

check if it is plugged gopd: In the wall and in the computer!
Did you open the computer and look inside (unplug first!) there might be a loose wire.... Hope it works! How are you posting anyway?

Old
ChyTheTasmanianTiger

Red face 12-15-2007, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swansoneagle View Post
check if it is plugged gopd: In the wall and in the computer!
Did you open the computer and look inside (unplug first!) there might be a loose wire.... Hope it works! How are you posting anyway?
Thats Ok It's too Late! But I Either post them in school, or at my moms

Old
Ping

Default 12-18-2007, 12:20 AM

Ok what i recommend is to take the 16point cable out of your motherboard...This is the one from the power supply. That way when you reinsert it you know it is securely in.
If that does not work, I would like you to remove your Motherboards battery. That is the watch battery on your motherbaord. Doing this will reset your bios back to factory settings, and correct anything you did to screw it up. If that does not work then you might want to try a Memcheck, your RAM could have broken. If Memcheck comes up clean, Next step is going to be to replace your Power supply. If none of the above Works then I recommend writing santa a note for xmas

BFG-Gaming

Old
ulrich200

Default 06-12-2008, 09:53 PM

sounds to me like your power cord is burnt out. this happened to my brother-in-law. if your computer is "in date" you can go to a place like radio shack and buy another one.

Old
ChyTheTasmanianTiger

Talking 06-13-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich200 View Post
sounds to me like your power cord is burnt out. this happened to my brother-in-law. if your computer is "in date" you can go to a place like radio shack and buy another one.
Thanx so much I sold the monitor but I still have the computer I'll get a new power cord and mabe I'll get my windows Xp back

Imac with Alice dosen't seem right!

Old
HostV

Default 06-17-2008, 07:51 AM

Try to do:

press f8 after switching your power on. Then choose Safe mode or the last succesfull configuration mode. There is some error occured it may help

Old
ChyTheTasmanianTiger

Red face 06-24-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostV View Post
Try to do:

press f8 after switching your power on. Then choose Safe mode or the last succesfull configuration mode. There is some error occured it may help
Nope Safe mode Doesn't even start... Last good configuration, same thing

Old
Pudding

Default 08-07-2008, 12:58 AM

If it's not the power cord, it sounds like a power supply unit issue..

If you can fix the computer on your own maybe you can borrow a cpu power supply unit from someone and see if it works...