Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How do I combine 2 worlds
Old
kad1r

Default How do I combine 2 worlds - 12-21-2008, 02:42 PM

I have 2 different worlds. For example one of them is birth of some character and other one is grown of character. And I want to make a movie of them. But I cant import or combine them. How can I do it?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-21-2008, 11:56 PM

There is no way to import or combine worlds directly that I know of. This means you cannot write one level of a game, then when the level is completed, activate another world and transfer things like score, health, equipment, etc. Depressing eh?

Since you only have a movie, you can do one of two things

A: Combine the two codes into one world. You can import the methods by placing the methods under objects then saving the objects as classes and importing them into the other world. This will work if both movies have a low filesize and Alice can handle both worlds put together (this would work for games, but only small, simple ones).

B: Convert both into a video format (with either Alice 2.2 or a screen capture program) and combine the two in windows movie maker or some other video editor. This is better if you have a complex soundtrack, as you can add it in with moviemaker instead of inserting it into your Alice worlds.

(')>

Old
kad1r

Default 12-22-2008, 03:18 AM

hmm i thought like that and i did with desktop capture program.
but ur first suggestion is very hard. because i have 4 or 5 worlds and i cant write all of them in one world. anyway thanks for suggestion.
what about the new version of alice? is it going to be has it?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-22-2008, 03:53 AM

not sure, but supposedly it'll have most everything alice 2.0 doesn't have, so it's very likely that it might.

(')>

Old
kad1r

Default 12-22-2008, 05:14 AM

hmm ok. thanks.

Tags
combine 2 or more worlds