Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
My Newest Project That I Need Help With!
Old
("Robby")
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default My Newest Project That I Need Help With! - 04-14-2009, 11:38 PM

Ok so I'm making a plane game where you need to kill the other plane before it crashes into you but whenever it starts it says "Error During Simulation." Then it says "Error During World Stop."

Here It Is, Hope Someone Can Help!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Plane Game.a2w (287.0 KB, 10 views)
   
Reply With Quote
Old
lanceA
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 04-15-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ("Robby") View Post
Ok so I'm making a plane game where you need to kill the other plane before it crashes into you but whenever it starts it says "Error During Simulation." Then it says "Error During World Stop."

Here It Is, Hope Someone Can Help!
Hi Robby,
Part of writing code is developing an ability to find the problems in the code you wrote (debugging). To find your problem the first thing I did was 'disable' all of your Events. By doing this I am narrowing down where the problem code might be located. I then enabled each event, one by one, and tried to run the application. Eventually, when I enabled your Event:
While Fighter2.Condition Dead is true
and I played the application I received the error message you reported. Therefore the error 'appears' to be caused by your code in the function Fighter2.Condition Dead. Take a look in that function and see if you can locate your problem.

Good luck and let us know if you need additional assistance.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
("Robby")
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 04-15-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceA View Post
Hi Robby,
Part of writing code is developing an ability to find the problems in the code you wrote (debugging). To find your problem the first thing I did was 'disable' all of your Events. By doing this I am narrowing down where the problem code might be located. I then enabled each event, one by one, and tried to run the application. Eventually, when I enabled your Event:
While Fighter2.Condition Dead is true
and I played the application I received the error message you reported. Therefore the error 'appears' to be caused by your code in the function Fighter2.Condition Dead. Take a look in that function and see if you can locate your problem.

Good luck and let us know if you need additional assistance.


Ok I new it was the condition thing but I looked at it over like 30 times and I can't find the error.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
lanceA
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 04-16-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ("Robby") View Post
Ok I new it was the condition thing but I looked at it over like 30 times and I can't find the error.
In your Event
While fighter2.Condition Dead
disable the call to the procedure fighter2.Die3 in the During: and place it in the End: portion of the event, i.e.,
While fighter2.Condition Dead is true
Begin:
During:
End: fighter2.Die3
This removes the error message you were getting, however I'm not sure if it has other implications for your game.

Good luck,

   
Reply With Quote
Old
("Robby")
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 04-17-2009, 02:56 PM

Thanks!
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Copyright ©2017, Carnegie Mellon University
Alice 2.x 1999-2012, Alice 3.x 2008-2012, Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.