Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

Alice on Linux Amd - 64
Old
hdixon

Default Alice on Linux Amd - 64 - 09-19-2006, 07:47 PM

All of a sudden got a problem here at home - some parts of Alice allow typing and then some others do not. Dont know when this started. I removed the .alice folder. rebooted and restarted alice. That initially seemed to help. If i drag a Say method and type whatever the keypresses work. If I click the Add Method button and try typing a name for the method - nothing; no keypresses apppear from the keyboard. Weird....

still a nogo
Old
hdixon

Default still a nogo - 09-20-2006, 10:30 PM

Still havent recovered from this problem. I've since removed the java installation, removed .alice and .java folders, reinstalled java, reinstalled alice. Still the same problem. If I click on an add method button, i cannot type in the text entry field. If i choose ANY other dialog like add function, variable, etc that has _multiple_ field types, i cannot type anything initially into the text field but if i click on any of the radio buttons, drop downs, etc THEN go back to the text entry field I can then type a name into the area. There MUST be some other hidden folder or file that is corrupt somehow that I'm not aware of that needs removed. ANyone know of other java related files that I should look for?

Thx

HD

Old
Mr Nemo

Default 09-20-2006, 10:56 PM

May I recommend Windows and an Intel processor?

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 09-20-2006, 11:03 PM

Ugh...we haven't had much of a chance to look into Linux-related bugs. I will take some time next week to catalog these issues and get them looked at.

Please keep nagging me on this...I am easily distracted.