Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

My Half-Projects
Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default My Half-Projects - 12-17-2008, 12:30 AM

I've started a LOT of Alice stuff in the past, from sword-fighters to Superhero games. Personally, I'm not too proud of any of these worlds, I'm just asking what you all think of them at this point, and if you have any ideas on how to imporove them at all. Thanks.

handShop- I got tired of those stupid, non-moving hands that all the people objects have, so I decided to make hand classes that could be imported to worlds which needed lot's of hand motion, like a swordfighter for instance. Only the right hand is complete, I still have to do the left. remove the sword and take a look at the hand moving from pose to pose. Tell me if you think it looks realistic. I spent a LOT of time trying to make the poses of the hand being clenched look good. Ignore the lance, I added that cause I was bored and forgot about it when I posed the world.

KingArthurTrivia-this one's the closest to being finished. It has a bunch of randomly generated questions (no one can be generated more than once)that are about Le Morte D'Arthur. Click the correct answer and you get to take a swing at Crispy, the guy on the right. Get it wrong and Crispy takes a swing at you. There are sounds, but I don't know if they'll work without the original sound files. Press space to heal (should come in handy if you haven't read Le Morte D'Arthur...)

TKGameTest- I wanted to make a first-person game where you're a telekinetic with a bunch of resourceful ways to use your power, like lift, push, crush, etc. I focused on writing the code so that the powers couldn't be screwed up, like being lifted multiple times or powers overlapping. i also wrote it so that the object's motion (in general) is scaled to it's size (large objects move less), but it's sloppy and loose and could be MUCH better. I was having problems getting it so that simple methods, like object lift up and object move around, could be applied to ANY object. Sure, "let the mouse mouse move any object" can be done, but the "object under mouse cursor" variable cannot be used in many places, has no characteristics (like opacity) and can't be copied, so here's what the logic looks like. Z,x,c, znd v switch your abilities, click on objects to use your current ability on them. You can lift, push, grip (lift and crush), and blast objects.

infernoValley- I know it was supposed to be a FPS, but I got distracted a long while back and it's been in forgotten ever since.

kinghtGame_v5grabblock - Easy knight type game. You have a shield which blocks, you can attack with your sword (up to three hit combo) or get close and use your grab attack, which is an instant kill. You can also put away both your sword and your shield, if you like. The animation is very bad, however, since this was one of my first big projects.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w handShop.a2w (859.2 KB, 204 views)
File Type: a2w KingArthurTrivia.a2w (4.28 MB, 165 views)
File Type: a2w TKGameTest.a2w (1.77 MB, 133 views)
File Type: a2w InfernoValley.a2w (3.37 MB, 186 views)
File Type: a2w knightGame_V5grabblock.a2w (1.91 MB, 189 views)

Last edited by x2495iiii; 12-21-2008 at 11:46 PM.

Old
Chris101b

Default 12-17-2008, 10:36 PM

2 quick questions for the First Person Shooter game:

In the Event box, how were you able to get the if statement to say (PlayerRevolver.ShotCount/7)==1 ?
I looked through everything that had to do with math, but was unable to find anything that looked like that.

My second question is in the Gun shooting method. How did you get it to say "Increment by 1" Cant find any method that starts with increment. I am making a game and think that it would be a good feature to be able to run out of shots and have to reload. Thanks for any help you can give.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-18-2008, 05:48 AM

First question: check to see if the value equals one (in an if/else if method), giving you a player.shotCount == 1 bit of code, then click on the down arrow just behind the player.shotcount tiles and select math. You'll then have the option of adding, subtracting, multpiplying, or dividing shotCount by any number you want. I chose divide, then typed in 7.

Second question, just drag the variable tile from off the left-side menu and onto your workspace. Automatically a menu will popup, the choices being set value, increment, and decrement. Choose increment.

(')>

Old
Chris101b

Thumbs up 12-18-2008, 12:05 PM

Thanks a lot man, it worked perfectly

I am nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

www.facebook.com/chris101b
Xbox Live GT: Chris101b
Youtube: (You guessed it) www.youtube.com/chris101b

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-18-2008, 12:32 PM

No problem. It's funny, at first I thought that your signature was your post. I was like 'wha?' Where'd THAT come from?

Sorry I'm kinda curious, did you mean to say "that you" instead of "than you"? Or is it like an ironic oxymoron type thing?

(')>

Old
Chris101b

Default 12-18-2008, 12:45 PM

Lol, I just made it up. It is kind of a funny, ironic thing I came up with. I am saying that I am smarter than you, but in a very stupid way, which hints that maybe I'm not smarter than you. Just something to put up there until I can think of something better. I was thinking of maybe putting "I piss excellence" but idk, some people might get offended. lol. Oh I am posting V4 of my game right now (It is a beta and I am just working on the gameplay right now) Check it out. You can find it here (Look at the last post and it should say V4):

http://www.alice.org/community/showt...=7921#post7921

I am nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

www.facebook.com/chris101b
Xbox Live GT: Chris101b
Youtube: (You guessed it) www.youtube.com/chris101b

Last edited by Chris101b; 12-18-2008 at 12:50 PM.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-18-2008, 12:47 PM

I kind of figured that was it. I feel dumb now cause it seems obvious now that you mention it...whoops.

(')>

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-18-2008, 03:03 PM

I'm now working on handShop to make both hands movable. The left hand's grab pose is wider than the right hand's. That could let it be used for things like knocking on doors, holding ice cream cones, holding the magazine on an assault rifle, etc.

Will delete handShop and post handShopv2 in its place when it's done

(')>

Old
("Robby")

Default 12-18-2008, 03:11 PM

x2495, can you look here for a moment:http://www.alice.org/community/showt...=7943#post7943

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-18-2008, 03:53 PM

It's posted, ready and waiting.

(')>