Had too many problems 2 6.90%
Terrible. did not like it at all "If selected explain why" 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Complete 1st MISSION for Hero's Versoin 4
Old
jediaction

Default Complete 1st MISSION for Hero's Versoin 4 - 12-18-2009, 05:15 PM

JEDIACTION

This is the complete version of MISSION 1 for hero's. But it does not have that M4A1 i wanted. Anyway. Everything is done. All programming except collisions. You have to jsut go with the game with out goign through stuff. There is takeing of 5 guys then riding a snow mobile to a helicopter in the end. Please enjoy. It has good sounds and and instructor like Soap to tell you were to go. This is my best project

The files just fits. Please do not add or take off anything. This game is 1 event adding click away from crashing

CONTROLS

Space bar=Jump
Hold Q=Aim
R=Reload---UNLIMITED SHOTS
W,S,A,D=Move
Mouse buttons=Fire
F=Activate

Thats all the controls. When i get the M4a1, ill finish this game once and for all with out crashing.

I am going to make mabye about 5 missions for this game. But they will al be different projects. I will make 1 every couple of months

Mission 1 is called "Cliffhanger" Sound familiar

Everytime i find a bug. Ill patch it up and post a new version.

Right now this is version 1.1 then the next will be 1.2 then 1.3 so keep looking for the version

This is V1.4

What has been updated is new accurate shooting. If you want to hit the enemies, you have to hit them directly in the chest
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Hero's Mission 1 100%.a2w (18.28 MB, 430 views)

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Last edited by jediaction; 12-12-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Old
Delpenator

Default 12-18-2009, 05:24 PM

Jedi, i was able to convert the m4a1 into .dae format and import it into blender. But i don't know how to really export it as a .obj because whenever i do only the scope stays. So will someone, probably Mr. X since he wrote the sticky on this, be able to tell me a step by step process of how to export it and such? Sorry, but it seems that there is no other way for jedi to get his m4a1. I would've attached it if i could.

BTW, i know one thing, that the file is huge! Just warning you.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-18-2009, 07:39 PM

Step by Step description.

You Need: Blender, Python 2.6, My Blender Collada Plugin, Biturn

1. Open Blender and click Object>Delete to delete the starting cube

2. Click Import>Collada 1.4 and navigate to your .dae file. Click close and import and wait for the bar in the upper right to stop loading. Move your mouse when it's done to automatically go to the model in the editing screen.

3. Click Select>Select/Deselect All to Select the whole object (it'll be highlighted in pink). You can scale it down here instead of in Alice if you wish by clicking Object>Transform>Scale and moving the mouse so that the object gets smaller.

4. When the whole object is selected, click Export>WaveFront Object and click the OK button. Name the model and select place to save it to when it asks you.

5. Close Blender and Open Biturn, then navigate to your .obj model and select it.

6. Choose .ase as the destination format, then click convert. You can check the polygon count here if you wish by clicking the Object Info button in the middle.

7. Close Biturn and open the .ase file in notepad or some other text editor (I like notepad because it loads instantly, but it has no fancy features, so Word is a good choice too). Use ctrl-f to find all instances of "name" and fill in any empty quotes with a dummy name.

8. Your file can now be imported to Alice, but it will be texture-less, as the object's texture will be automatically converted by Biturn into .tga format, which is unreadable by Alice. Open the .tga file in a photo editor (my favorite is GIMP, but things like Paint should work) and see if it has the object's texture. If it does, convert it to a jpeg or png file. If it's a green and yellow or an all-gray square, then the Biturn couldn't find the texture and made its own. The texture is probably included somewhere with your model (if there was one), look around the folder you downloaded for an image file an make sure it's in jpeg or png format. If it's not, convert it

9. Here you have two options: edit the .ase and replace all instances of "tga" with "jpeg" or "png" (depending on what form the real texture is in), or you can import the model into Alice (open Alice, then click import and click the .ase file), then import the textures separately (click textures in the properties of the model, then click the import textures button and navigate to the image files) and apply them yourself. I personally prefer the first one.

10. Provided the model is free of errors and the texture is in the proper format, you should now have a perfectly good Alice model ready to use! If there are weird things with the model, like it's partially transparent, that means the model creator didn't seal the polygons of the outside faces correctly. You can seal them yourself in sketchup, or you can find a better one and convert that instead. Either way, you'll have to do it all over again. Make sure you test your model in a new world, as a bad model can corrupt an entire world, ruining it.

(')>

Old
Delpenator

Default 12-18-2009, 10:06 PM

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!

Who would've thought that not deleting a square would cause so much problems?

As for jedi's model, however, it looks like it has gaps in it and whenever i tried to put it in a program it corrupted it. It may be too big, which i think it is, but i don't think you can use it. Here it is anyway, just in case anyone wants to mess with it to see if they can get it to work. Also, here are the textures that came with it. I especially like the second one. If you want, you could also follow the super moderator's super (haha see what i did there ) steps, to see if i missed something. But I do not think jedi will get that model.

EDIT: Sorry, but it won't allow me to upload .ase files, and my world with it was so corrupted it wouldn't let me save. Jedi, i recommend trying for yourself, but sorry. I was looking forward to your game with that. I'll mess around with whatever i can to see if i could fix it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg texture0.jpg (32.6 KB, 421 views)
File Type: jpg texture1.jpg (63.0 KB, 419 views)

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-18-2009, 11:53 PM

You forgot to upload the model, but that's okay because I already gave jedi the model he wanted. He just needs to update his signature, that's all.

By the way, his model is a special case. It doesn't need a texture, so if it looks weird, like if it looks sparkly, try setting its texture value to <none>.

But it did work for you then? Like you were able to use Blender and the plugin to import the Collada file? Because if so, you're the first, so far no one's had any success. I think I might have forgotten something in that .zip file.

(')>

Last edited by x2495iiii; 12-19-2009 at 12:13 AM.

Old
Chris101b

Default 12-19-2009, 01:43 AM

I like it... a lot. I am working on an FPS right now (It is halo inspired) and is so far coming along well. I wish that I could have added the looking around with the mouse, but with that canceling out the collision detection, I stuck with the arrow keys to move around. So, overall, I really like it and cannot wait to see what you have in store later down the road. Stay tuned for my game too, its going to be called Infiltration 2.

I am nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

www.facebook.com/chris101b
Xbox Live GT: Chris101b
Youtube: (You guessed it) www.youtube.com/chris101b

Old
jediaction

Default 12-19-2009, 07:59 AM

oh ok, i did not really get inflintration 2. All it was was a simple walk around thing. Did i miss something. But ill be looking forward to your game

Old
Dameria

Default 12-19-2009, 09:34 AM

Very good replica of the Modern Warfare 2 mission Cliffhanger! I really liked how you could customize your gun in the beginning. Also the AI was pretty good, but sometimes if you stood right behind them they would not turn around. Also, I tried shooting at them many times straight at their body and they would not die. You might want to fix this so the shooting is more accurate. Really good, this must have taken you a long time, and I definitely think this is a big improvement.

Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

Old
jediaction

Default 12-19-2009, 09:45 AM

This took me 50 horus to make and yah, the shooting in the body was working for me perfectly until today. I was playing my game again. I cant hit anything. Something happenede. Ill fix that, and as soon as i get my M4 working. Ill start mission 2. its like favela

Last edited by jediaction; 12-12-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Old
Delpenator

Default 12-19-2009, 10:00 AM

Lol jedi, always update your signature!!! I spent like an hour trying to get it to work! But, i'm glad that you got it. I think i must have left out something in the file too, because i had a .mtl file that i couldn't use and in the original zip file i had like two other files i didn't use. Good thing you got it though.