Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

2008 Coming Soon, and Alice 3.0!
Old
ChyTheTasmanianTiger

Talking 2008 Coming Soon, and Alice 3.0! - 12-29-2007, 09:34 AM

3 days til' 2008! I hope everyone is looking forward to next year cause the release date for alice 3.0 is suspected to be 2008 now I can't asure you that, but my odds are still; 80%-YES and 20%-NO just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year, cause alice 3.0 is just around the corner

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 12-29-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChyTheTasmanianTiger View Post
3 days til' 2008! I hope everyone is looking forward to next year cause the release date for alice 3.0 is suspected to be 2008 now I can't asure you that, but my odds are still; 80%-YES and 20%-NO just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year, cause alice 3.0 is just around the corner
Hate to disappoint you, but I saw something the other day that said Alice 3.0 would go into very limited Alpha testing in the Fall of 2008 and Beta testing in the Spring of 2009. Apparently only instructors at CMU and one other university will be allowed to participate in the Alpha testing in 2008

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free programming tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm

Old
ChyTheTasmanianTiger

Red face 12-30-2007, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickBaldwin View Post
Hate to disappoint you, but I saw something the other day that said Alice 3.0 would go into very limited Alpha testing in the Fall of 2008 and Beta testing in the Spring of 2009. Apparently only instructors at CMU and one other university will be allowed to participate in the Alpha testing in 2008

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free programming tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm
Meh I can wait "No I can't"

Alice in 2009?
Old
DrJim

Default Alice in 2009? - 01-02-2008, 09:17 PM

A general observation on software releases - by anybody (including Adobe, Apple and Microsoft). Beta testing generally actually starts about six months later than the time estimate at the start of alpha - and uncovers enough problems that the final release is delayed even further.

If the Alice team can somehow break that "tradition" I hope they share their approach - it would be an even greater contribution than Alice itself.

Then came the Nuke...
Old
ChyTheTasmanianTiger

Exclamation Then came the Nuke... - 01-02-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
A general observation on software releases - by anybody (including Adobe, Apple and Microsoft). Beta testing generally actually starts about six months later than the time estimate at the start of alpha - and uncovers enough problems that the final release is delayed even further.

If the Alice team can somehow break that "tradition" I hope they share their approach - it would be an even greater contribution than Alice itself.
Well beta testing should happen (nobody want's a buggy alice) but i'm concerned about a 2009, 2010 release date... why, well ancient myan calandars, nostridamus, and all those other things i cant spell predict a terrible,
terrible, planet wide event centered on the year 2012
that means only 2 to 3 years to enjoy alice 3.0 . if the so called 'polar shift' doesn't occor than be happy... untill global warming in 2050.

PS.
It might seem weird,
it might offend...
but we fight with our honor,
we'll fight to the End!!
*Plays the worms song*

~if we survive~

Old
rich0e0rick

Talking 01-12-2008, 06:14 PM

lol - I sure hope that doesn't happen....., i would be pretty disappointed if we all died in the year 2012......

*wait a sec, if I'm dead, i cant be disappointed*