Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Alice Version Of Bloxorz
Old
David B

Default Alice Version Of Bloxorz - 06-10-2011, 08:03 AM

Hello Alice Community!

I want to make an Alice version of the cool strategy game I like named, "Bloxorz." If you want to try playing it, click here. I haven't designed anything yet, but it is just an idea I have right now. While I am trying to fix my hijacked computer, I thought it would be a good idea to start collecting information on how to do a few things that I currently don't know how to do (or forgot how to do). Perhaps one of the biggest issues I will have will be getting the brick to drop off of the board. I haven't even made an introduction screen yet, but I will get around to it eventually. If anybody has any suggestions on what I could code for the brick to drop off, please post here. I will add any other questions that I may have during the designing of the game to this thread later, but for now, this is it.

Thank you in advance,
David B

Old
sfunk

Default 06-10-2011, 01:45 PM

just have a normal collision for the pathway you set up(probably be best if you used multiple squares,I did something like this before and never finished it though,was going to do a marble madness type game) but have it if it isn't in contact with the parameter just fall off the screen

If you are stuck on a project, check out the tutorials I made here at this link:

http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=36778#post36778

There are lots of tutorials on it so far, including some youtube videos, check it out

Or..

Go to my youtube channel to check out my alice 2.2 tutorials I have there..

http://www.youtube.com/user/sfunk1992?feature=mhsn

Old
David B

Default 06-10-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfunk View Post
just have a normal collision for the pathway you set up(probably be best if you used multiple squares,I did something like this before and never finished it though,was going to do a marble madness type game) but have it if it isn't in contact with the parameter just fall off the screen
Okay. I'll consider it.

Old
arty-fishL

Default 06-10-2011, 07:09 PM

You dont really need collisions. This isnt really variable, its more linear with the block only being able to move on set squares. A really basic collision might work, but if you can work out some other algorithm it shouldn't be too hard.

I was playing this game earlier.

█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬

Old
David B

Default 06-11-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
You dont really need collisions. This isnt really variable, its more linear with the block only being able to move on set squares. A really basic collision might work, but if you can work out some other algorithm it shouldn't be too hard.

I was playing this game earlier.
Okay. I am currently busy with other things, but once I have time, I will get started with the game.

Old
sfunk

Default 06-15-2011, 02:23 AM

you still need a collision detection to check to see if the cube is on the path, it doesn't really have to be a complicated collision though.

If you are stuck on a project, check out the tutorials I made here at this link:

http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=36778#post36778

There are lots of tutorials on it so far, including some youtube videos, check it out

Or..

Go to my youtube channel to check out my alice 2.2 tutorials I have there..

http://www.youtube.com/user/sfunk1992?feature=mhsn