Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Alice 2.2 is WAY better than 2.0
Old
Dameria

Default Alice 2.2 is WAY better than 2.0 - 12-06-2009, 01:19 PM

When I first started using Alice, I used Alice 2.0, and it was great for what I was doing back then. When I switched to Alice 2.2, I actually like 2.0 better because I was so used to it, but I started to use 2.2 anyway. Ever since then I have gotten much better at Alice and have learned many new things.

Well anyway, I downloaded Alice onto my flash drive about a month ago when I was still using 2.0, and now when I am not on my regular computer with Alice 2.2, I feel so restricted while trying to make programs!!! I am trying to do things that I could do in Alice 2.2 on my program, but I am using the old 2.0, and I am just noticing now how different the two verisons are!

For example, I am working on a world, and when I try to make an If/Else statement saying "If(variable == 1), then do this". Well aparantly in Alice 2.0 you can't put a variable into an if/else statement! It kinds of makes variables useless in Alice if you can't use them in if/else statements. Now I can't even finish my world because I have to wait until I get home just to put in a variable in the if/else statement.

I advise everybody using 2.0 right now that is planning on learning more in Alice to switch immediately to 2.2, or maybe even start using 3.0. And as soon as I get home I am going to download Alice 2.2 onto my flash drive just in case I am not at home again when I want to make an Alice world. Thanks for reading.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-06-2009, 07:09 PM

Ditto! Although I seriously wouldn't recommend using 3.0 yet.

(')>