Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Random Jumping
Old
kindOfLost

Default Random Jumping - 05-03-2009, 05:37 PM

Ok so I am trying to get these three kangaroos to randomly jump up and down. And I thought that I had it but when it starts they just keep going up or down. Please advise

Old
RockyTheConcreteDonkey

Default 05-04-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindOfLost View Post
Ok so I am trying to get these three kangaroos to randomly jump up and down. And I thought that I had it but when it starts they just keep going up or down. Please advise
Ive never tried random actions before but I have the same prob with random lightning strikes... The most I cold get was from curtain events

Old
reddStarr

Default 05-04-2009, 08:24 PM

Do you want the to keep jumping up and down, or jump at random times?

KEEP JUMPING COUNTINUESLY
use a loop,

RANDOM TIMES
Use a if else on the bottom next to the Do Togethers. Then go to functions in that tab of actions and make sure you are on world and nothing else. No scroll on the function list until you see the section random. No drag the probility of true to the part were it says true in the If else. Now select that percentage of times they will jump up. Make sure the If/Elseis open now, and under If, put what will happen if they were to jump and under else put what will happen if they don't jump, after it goes through either else or if it'll continue through the method.

Old
HisWorld

Default 05-04-2009, 09:23 PM

Creating and manipulating random number's is a breeze in Alice. There are two premade methods to do this!

I attached a demo that should explain this to you, please don't just use this for your class, but try to understand what is going on.

I have a global variable being set to the value passed from the random method.

Then i have a series of conditional statements, based on what my global variable is I have different kangaroo's jump.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w randomRoo's.a2w (1.26 MB, 24 views)