Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Road to Hana
Old
stellabella

Default Road to Hana - 05-21-2010, 01:23 PM

I can not figure out what I am doing wrong here. I can not seem to get the math calculations correct. Help!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Karens road to hana.a2w (773.3 KB, 163 views)

Old
fusha

Default 05-24-2010, 11:16 AM

i need help too on this. this making me mad that the teacher did not supply any examples

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellabella View Post
I can not figure out what I am doing wrong here. I can not seem to get the math calculations correct. Help!

Old
jediaction

Default 05-24-2010, 04:02 PM

The teacher does not make examples. They sometimes use ones that users on the Alice Community did. They teach what they can and you have to do what they tell you. I wish i could help but i cant use Alice Right now. Sorry

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
fusha

Default 05-26-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellabella View Post

http://alice.org/community/showthrea...highlight=hana

im still lost as to how they solved this

fusha

answer
Old
crashkarz21

Default answer - 05-26-2010, 09:15 AM

I got it to work, here is my code... please help me on my question... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4494

Where it says DISTANCE, SPEEDLIMIT, and TOTAL, that is a Parameter (which you can add by clicking the button on the right that says add new parameter) Make it a NUMBER, then when the person says the answer you have to convert to a string. Make your person say h"hello". Under WORLD FUNCTIONS drag "what as a string" to replace "hello" then add the parameter TOTAL

Methods
world.my first method ( )
Distance = 1 , SpeedLimit = 1 , total = 1
Distance set value to ( ask user for a number question = How many miles away is Hana? )
SpeedLimit set value to ( ask user for a number question = What is the speed limit? )
total set value to ( ( Distance / SpeedLimit ) )
skaterGirl.walk2
Do together
convertibleCorvette move forward 7 meters
skaterGirl turn to face convertibleCorvette
skaterGirl turn to face camera
skaterGirl say ( ( random number minimum = total maximum = total integerOnly = true ) as a string ) duration = 2 seconds
Do together
convertibleCorvette move forward 5 meters
skaterGirl turn right 0.25 revolutions
skaterGirl.walk
Attached Files
File Type: a2w RoadHana.a2w (4.09 MB, 322 views)

Old
fusha

Default 05-28-2010, 07:44 AM

thank you so much. you added a lot of details that im not to familiar with. i will try to water it down a little bit so i can understand. im so new to tall this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkarz21 View Post
I got it to work, here is my code... please help me on my question... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4494

Where it says DISTANCE, SPEEDLIMIT, and TOTAL, that is a Parameter (which you can add by clicking the button on the right that says add new parameter) Make it a NUMBER, then when the person says the answer you have to convert to a string. Make your person say h"hello". Under WORLD FUNCTIONS drag "what as a string" to replace "hello" then add the parameter TOTAL

Methods
world.my first method ( )
Distance = 1 , SpeedLimit = 1 , total = 1
Distance set value to ( ask user for a number question = How many miles away is Hana? )
SpeedLimit set value to ( ask user for a number question = What is the speed limit? )
total set value to ( ( Distance / SpeedLimit ) )
skaterGirl.walk2
Do together
convertibleCorvette move forward 7 meters
skaterGirl turn to face convertibleCorvette
skaterGirl turn to face camera
skaterGirl say ( ( random number minimum = total maximum = total integerOnly = true ) as a string ) duration = 2 seconds
Do together
convertibleCorvette move forward 5 meters
skaterGirl turn right 0.25 revolutions
skaterGirl.walk

Answer isnt showing
Old
molove00

Default Answer isnt showing - 06-08-2010, 02:47 PM

Hi I am working on this project road to hana and I am unable to get my answer to show, I am only showing the formula when the girl speaks. I am confused on how to fix it to show the answer. I am still new to this software and I feel that the chapters did not cover too much for this project.

Old
crashkarz21

Default 06-09-2010, 12:27 PM

Make your person say "hello". Under WORLD FUNCTIONS drag "what as a string" to replace "hello" then add the parameter where distance / miles.

Old
hudspeth

Default 06-29-2010, 04:38 PM

thank you for this post. I was pulling my hair out because I could not figure out how to implement my variables correctly into alice... thaaaaaaaaank you!

Old
angelxero

Default 06-29-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
The teacher does not make examples. They sometimes use ones that users on the Alice Community did. They teach what they can and you have to do what they tell you. I wish i could help but i cant use Alice Right now. Sorry

Actually, my instructor for this class didn't teach squat, or answer questions. She did expect us to do things that weren't covered in any of the course materials, though. I had to search around here for the solution to this. It's actually thanks to you guys that I figured it out. I'd add more to help stellabella, but I think you guys pretty much covered it.