Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Help Please
Old
mateo311

Default Help Please - 10-17-2011, 09:56 AM

Here is the project; • Leaving on a Jet Plane: Create a world with an array containing three Grayjumpjets (Web Gallery). You may have to resize the objects. Have each jet lift off the ground, one at a time. Together, all three should turn and fly off together. Reference the objects by its array name.

I can't add my array to my method. I have read the book "Starting Out With Alice" on how to create this project using the loop method, however when I pull the array into the loop it wont give me the expressions so I can assign each jet to a move method. So I tried using the in order and do together method and tried to use the array that way and still can't get that array to do what I need it to.

I have got the animation to do the project asks but without using the actual array. Here is what I have can anyone help me on what I did wrong in creating the array, or doing wrong in trying to get it work.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w jetplane_project.a2w (1.37 MB, 65 views)

Old
dakota95

Cool 11-03-2011, 01:27 PM

Ive looked at it but I have almost no experience with arrays. Sorry. I would suggest asking jediaction cause he is really good at making games in alice.

Old
dakota95

Cool 11-09-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo311 View Post
Here is the project; • Leaving on a Jet Plane: Create a world with an array containing three Grayjumpjets (Web Gallery). You may have to resize the objects. Have each jet lift off the ground, one at a time. Together, all three should turn and fly off together. Reference the objects by its array name.

I can't add my array to my method. I have read the book "Starting Out With Alice" on how to create this project using the loop method, however when I pull the array into the loop it wont give me the expressions so I can assign each jet to a move method. So I tried using the in order and do together method and tried to use the array that way and still can't get that array to do what I need it to.

I have got the animation to do the project asks but without using the actual array. Here is what I have can anyone help me on what I did wrong in creating the array, or doing wrong in trying to get it work.
I would recomend dickbaldwins website.

http://www.dickbaldwin.com/alice