Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

This has nothing to do with Alice.
Old
thetrippster

Exclamation This has nothing to do with Alice. - 11-21-2006, 07:55 AM

K i have grown tired of my avatar . i have created a 4kb .gif avatar that i would like to use. but animated pics cant be uploaded. so my suggestion is members of the forum who use the forums properly and dont break the rules be granted the ability to have animated avatars but the members must be approved by a forum admin first before this ablility is granted. My avatar is simple and i find it funny, and i really want it as my avatar :P just a suggestion.

lol
Old
Fo_H@wk

Default lol - 11-21-2006, 10:26 AM

awsome, something that has nothing to do with alice.lol.

Old
Ansem

Default 11-21-2006, 10:33 AM

lol

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 11-21-2006, 12:14 PM

I personally *hate* animated avatars, as I feel they are annoying and detract from the forum's professionalism. They remind me of flashing banner ads. However, I realize I am old fashioned and may be in the minority here.

How about if I put up a survey and if a significant majority want avatars (let's say 2/3, I will allow them for a testing period to see what members do with them.

Cool?

(BTW, I have upped the avatar limits to 100x100px and 20KB, I think from 80x80 and 19.5KB.)

Old
Shadow Sovereign

Default 11-21-2006, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe View Post
How about if I put up a survey and if a significant majority want avatars (let's say 2/3, I will allow them for a testing period to see what members do with them.
I agree with this idea. The testing period part, in particular, I find to be very appealing, because it would be good to see what several of the members come up with (but, of course, to all of you funny folk, let's try to keep it appropriate enough ). I don't have any animated pics to post as my avatar, nor do I have any plans of changing my avatar anytime soon unless if I find a sweet picture of the Rise of Legends Doge.

I believe something like this has been posted in another thread somewhere... I can't find it, but I know its in here somewhere. Anyways, it had DrJim with an animated attachment (but not an avatar) of his picture winking. It only worked for about 10 cycles, but it worked nonetheless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe View Post
BTW, I have upped the avatar limits to 100x100px and 20KB, I think from 80x80 and 19.5KB.
Schweet! Is that for .JPEG or .BMP files?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Doge Icon.jpg (6.4 KB, 204 views)

Last edited by Shadow Sovereign; 11-21-2006 at 06:39 PM.

Old
Shadow Sovereign

Wink 11-27-2006, 05:27 PM

Ok, I found the thread of Jim's attachment here. Hope this helps!

Old
PopnTheDeerInHumanForm

Default 08-24-2007, 03:31 PM

Mine is based on what character i'm currently using in Seagull Evader

Old
islandfever

Default 08-24-2007, 10:53 PM

Great! I'd probably use a legend of zelda av. maybe something else... But nothing inappropiate, of course!

Yay for avatars
Old
RealityEscapeArtist

Red face Yay for avatars - 09-11-2007, 02:47 PM

I would love to have the chance to create my own models and bring them into my Alice world so hopefully we can get alot more people to vote yes on this.