Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How can I make Alice ignore an event input if its method is already being played
Old
Cyptonn

Arrow How can I make Alice ignore an event input if its method is already being played - 12-04-2006, 07:05 PM

In better detail, how can you make an object move smoothly. I have an object move left or right by half a meter when the corresponding key is pressed. When the key is pressed again while the object is still moving, it will move again after it is done moving however many times the key was presses. So if you push the left arrow key, the object will move left, if you push the left arrow key an additional 3 times before it is done moving, it will automatically move 3 more times. Is there a way of making Alice ignore the key press while the object is still in motion, and if so, how?

Old
DrJim

Default 12-05-2006, 12:26 AM

See the thread http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=539

Basically you can't not respond to an event input but you can have the input not trigger any action if some other condition isn't met.