Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Change the vehicle property at runtime?
Old
rdlatimer

Default Change the vehicle property at runtime? - 11-28-2006, 09:42 AM

I have a cyclist entering the hedgerow maze. The cyclist is carrying an electric guitar. The guitar's vehicle property is set to the cyclist so they move together.
I want to drop the guitar in the maze so that another person needs to go retrieve the guitar.
Can I reset the vehicle property within the maze so that the guitar separates from the cyclist?
Thanks for any help

Well...
Old
PogoDaMonkey

Default Well... - 11-28-2006, 10:12 AM

You can set the guitars Vehicle property to World, instead of cyclist. Drag the vehicles property into the runtime box and select World as the vehicle.

Changing Proberties
Old
DrJim

Arrow Changing Proberties - 11-28-2006, 10:15 AM

You can change the vehicle (or any property) by dragging it from the property window into the main window and dropping it wherever you want in your program. A dialog box will appear that gives you the options for setting the value of the property.

Edit Note: I see the question was already answered as I was typing - now that's a quick response - wish that always happened.

Last edited by DrJim; 11-28-2006 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Added note

Heh.
Old
PogoDaMonkey

Default Heh. - 11-28-2006, 10:32 AM

A bit off topic but I'm in class and bored because Alice isnt opening from our computers, some people it will and some people it wont. Guess I'm just lucky.