Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Is this the right place
Old
fryed_1

Default Is this the right place - 12-15-2008, 10:11 AM

I'm not using the 3d animated version, but the Program B command-line version with a simple web interface. Is this the place for discussion about that?

I have some questions about voice interaction and home automation and anyone else's experiments with it. I have it working, sort of, using modified java to parse a custom AIML file that implements a few new fields for good and bad responses and the commands need to control a device. It uses the commands to send out to irsend which feeds the data to lircd to control devices hooked up to the backend (lights, television, mythtv, security, etc...)

Currently using festival as my speech engine, but it leaves much to be desired. Was wondering if anyone had any other ideas on other speech engines that would work in this environment.

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 12-15-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryed_1 View Post
I'm not using the 3d animated version, but the Program B command-line version with a simple web interface. Is this the place for discussion about that?

I have some questions about voice interaction and home automation and anyone else's experiments with it. I have it working, sort of, using modified java to parse a custom AIML file that implements a few new fields for good and bad responses and the commands need to control a device. It uses the commands to send out to irsend which feeds the data to lircd to control devices hooked up to the backend (lights, television, mythtv, security, etc...)

Currently using festival as my speech engine, but it leaves much to be desired. Was wondering if anyone had any other ideas on other speech engines that would work in this environment.
Doesn't sound like this is the right place.

Dick Baldwin