Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Galaga clone
Old
Ansem

Default Galaga clone - 11-15-2006, 11:19 AM

I made a cool Galaga clone with Alice in class. Here it is. Please post any feedback you have or any comments. Oh by the way I couldn't get the ships to shoot at you very well, so I made them move around and you have to click on them to shoot them. Updates coming soon.

.... Ok so I was trying to upload my game but it keeps saying upload failed. Can anybody help me out?

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 11-15-2006, 01:56 PM

Ansem,

How large is your game? There is a size limit on attachments, but I believe it's pretty high.

File sizes.
Old
DrJim

Default File sizes. - 11-15-2006, 06:15 PM

Just looked and the limit on .a2w and .zip files is 15M for both - also the Guitar Villians game listed in another posting (.rar compressed) was 24M.

That probably explains it
Old
Ansem

Default That probably explains it - 11-16-2006, 10:48 AM

Oh so that's why I couldn't upload it. Yeah my game is probably more than 15 mb. Thanks for your help.

Here's my game
Old
Ansem

Default Here's my game - 11-16-2006, 10:54 AM

Ok my game is only 3 mb, so It's weird that I can't upload it here. But I did upload it on rapiduploads.com so you can download it here.

http://www19.rapidupload.com/d.php?f...&filepath=3384

Old
Che

Default 11-16-2006, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansem View Post
Ok my game is only 3 mb, so It's weird that I can't upload it here. But I did upload it on rapiduploads.com so you can download it here.

http://www19.rapidupload.com/d.php?f...&filepath=3384
That's pretty cool, but they should shoot back, otherwise the moving system is useless. But other than that the only other buggy thing was the cones.
Good job, your game isn't poop, like forest's. Just kidding. xD

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 11-16-2006, 03:54 PM

Attachment limits got reset when we recently upgraded our server software. I will look into getting it fixed. The last time it was amazing how many variables needed to be changed to get it to work...I wish I had documented what was changed. So much for being proactive.

Old
Ansem

Default 11-16-2006, 06:48 PM

Heh thanks Che. Yeah I started working on them shooting back, but my ship wouldn't disapeer when it was within a certain distance of the enemy shots (cones). Yeah the cones are pretty buggy when you move right after you shoot. I'll upload the game again after I update it and fix some of the bugs. I'm going to add a scoring system like Apples's Meteors game. I have to finish the chapter 7 projects for class first though lol.

Ah that's good that you are getting the attachment limit problem fixed Gabe.

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 11-17-2006, 02:27 PM

Ansem,

Attachment limits have been fixed. Feel free to upload your worlds from previous posts.

Old
Ansem

Default 11-20-2006, 10:25 AM

Cool, thanks Gabe