Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Dodge Ball 2!!
Old
nickster654
Senior Member
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 180
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nickster12345678@gmail.com
Thumbs up Dodge Ball 2!! - 05-13-2011, 07:21 PM

Kinda still workin on few minor minow things, but this is pretty much the finished product. soooooo Review, tell me if you enjoyed it or punched the hell out of your computer, took about 2 days too make

Version 1.1
-Slowed things down verrrrry slightly, and fixed the direction of some things

Version 2
-Added a death counter instead of restarting everytime.
-Fixed big ring glitch

Version 2.1
-Fixed counter glitch
-Player can move faster and improved collision detection

Version 3
-OK last version, i added a hard mode that has a timer, my record is 19 seconds
Attached Files
File Type: a2w dodge ball 2.a2w (1.80 MB, 41 views)
File Type: a2w dodge ball 2 V2.a2w (2.34 MB, 120 views)

Last edited by nickster654; 05-25-2011 at 02:07 PM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
TauTrumpsPi
Senior Member
 
TauTrumpsPi's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The diamond layer
Default 05-13-2011, 09:17 PM

Very nicely done, I like it. It is way too addicting and hard. If you plan on improving it, I would add progressingly harder levels (With this being the last one lol), and a timer.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.
-Calvin and Hobbes

Wondering about my Avatar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

Wondering about my username?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7vhMMXagQ
   
Reply With Quote
Old
nickster654
Senior Member
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 180
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nickster12345678@gmail.com
Default 05-13-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TauTrumpsPi View Post
Very nicely done, I like it. It is way too addicting and hard. If you plan on improving it, I would add progressingly harder levels (With this being the last one lol), and a timer.
sooo you saying its addicting cause its hard? or its could be more addicting if it was less hard orrrrr what
   
Reply With Quote
Old
jediaction
Senior Member
 
jediaction's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,064
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Default 05-14-2011, 09:02 AM

I saw this last night but was not able to play it. I did now...here is the review

Feedback...

Pros:

Start up menu
Good Challenge

Cons:

Don't know where the start is
Collisions are a little off which makes this very frustrating
Have to press restart everytime
You can't get the big ring



Overall

85/100 by Chrome Games - VIDEO REVIEWED


To tell you the truth, the cat was right next to me while playing this, but this game is good. Some collisions are off which ruin it, but it is fun. What is up with the big ring? I can't get that, I tried and then I died...so I was like...."that goes down with the score". Love the ending, and it makes this game totally worth it. Good job!


Website: www.salokingames.com
FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Last edited by jediaction; 06-29-2011 at 08:05 PM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
TauTrumpsPi
Senior Member
 
TauTrumpsPi's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The diamond layer
Default 05-14-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickster654 View Post
sooo you saying its addicting cause its hard? or its could be more addicting if it was less hard orrrrr what
Addicting because it's hard.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.
-Calvin and Hobbes

Wondering about my Avatar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

Wondering about my username?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7vhMMXagQ
   
Reply With Quote
Old
nickster654
Senior Member
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 180
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nickster12345678@gmail.com
Default 05-14-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
I saw this last night but was not able to play it. I did now...here is the review

Feedback...

Pros:

Start up menu
Good Challenge

Cons:

Don't know where the start is
Collisions are a little off which makes this very frustrating
Have to press restart everytime
You can't get the big ring



Overall

85/100 by Chrome Games - VIDEO REVIEWED


To tell you the truth, the cat was right next to me while playing this, but this game is good. Some collisions are off which ruin it, but it is fun. What is up with the big ring? I can't get that, I tried and then I died...so I was like...."that goes down with the score". Love the ending, and it makes this game totally worth it. Good job!
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wait shit haha i forgot to move the ball back to the start once i was finished testing it XD
   
Reply With Quote
Old
jediaction
Senior Member
 
jediaction's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,064
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Default 05-14-2011, 02:26 PM

Well, I beat it anyway, plus...clean up your comment...remember? Anyway, so how was the review?


Website: www.salokingames.com
FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames
   
Reply With Quote
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Thumbs up 05-14-2011, 08:42 PM

This is very fun, even better than the original. Its very hard. It would be easier, yet still very hard, if you could drag the ball with the mouse.




█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Old
nickster654
Senior Member
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 180
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nickster12345678@gmail.com
Default 05-14-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
This is very fun, even better than the original. Its very hard. It would be easier, yet still very hard, if you could drag the ball with the mouse.


well if you drag it with i ball, you could move right threw the barriers because you can move so fast
   
Reply With Quote
Old
jediaction
Senior Member
 
jediaction's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,064
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Default 05-16-2011, 04:41 PM

that is correct, but at least make the ball move faster


Website: www.salokingames.com
FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Copyright ©2017, Carnegie Mellon University
Alice 2.x 1999-2012, Alice 3.x 2008-2012, Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.