Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Kill the scarecrow game
Old
dakota95

Default Kill the scarecrow game - 01-19-2012, 06:09 PM

This is the first game that I have made that I like. Your character is a farmer with a .22 rifle. You have a 20 round magazine. That you can reload when it is empty. The scarecrow has 10 health points and you have to kill him before he reaches you(although I havent made anything happen yet when he does).

Controls:
move- W,S,A,D
Turn- Left and Right arrow keys.
Shoot/Stab- Space bar
Jump - up arrow
Reload - R
Sight in gun the gun- E
Switch weapons - Q

Please leave any comments

Update 2.0:Has a pitchfork weapon, Health, and scarecrow doesnt die if he is near you. Still does not have any object detection for anything other than The fences. I will work on the detection soon. With the pitch fork you have to use space to attack him. If you don't, nothing will happen. Now with music. The song is the "Indiana Jones" main theme.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Farm FPS.a2w (2.60 MB, 41 views)
File Type: a2w Farm FPS 2.0.a2w (8.44 MB, 97 views)

<Insert_Signature_Here>

Last edited by dakota95; 01-22-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Old
GameKid

Default 01-20-2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota95 View Post
The scarecrow has 10 health points and you have to kill him before he reaches you(although I havent made anything happen yet when he does)
He dies when he reaches you. Also, I can still go through the barn and the house. I think you should work on this a bit more.

[COLOR=e4eaf2]Your text here[/COLOR]
Come on, you know you want to try it.

Old
sfunk

Default 01-20-2012, 07:01 AM

I haven't played this, since I really don't have much time to download anything then play it, but my guess is you used the bullet technique of using an actual object move forward? if it is, then an easy way to make it so the object doesn't kill the scarecrow when it gets close to your character is to use a boolean variable, and an if/else statement, have the bullet object hurt the scarecrow if the variable is true. so when your character shoots you would have to have the variable turn true at the beginning of your shooting method then have it set false after the object moves forward. And if you didn't use that technique for bullets then ignore this haha

If you are stuck on a project, check out the tutorials I made here at this link:

http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=36778#post36778

There are lots of tutorials on it so far, including some youtube videos, check it out

Or..

Go to my youtube channel to check out my alice 2.2 tutorials I have there..

http://www.youtube.com/user/sfunk1992?feature=mhsn

Old
dakota95

Default 01-20-2012, 08:07 AM

ya I did. I didn't think of what you said. That will work great, and I'll change it soon. Thanks. And thank you for your Alice tutorials on YouTube. I used the first tutorial to make my reload, and scarecrow health functions. And another thing that I will work on is the camera turning. I couldn't think of a way to get the camera to turn Forward or backward. I mean I could, but then if you walked and the camera was tilted too far back then you would seems into the air, and visa-verse. Then it while I was thinking about it yesterday I came up with a way to do this.

I will add more scarecrows soon, and a health bar for the shooter. And I will make more weapons.

<Insert_Signature_Here>

Old
dakota95

Default 01-20-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameKid View Post
He dies when he reaches you. Also, I can still go through the barn and the house. I think you should work on this a bit more.
I will work on object detection soon. I already have it for the fence, and I will soon make it for the house and barn.
And I will make sfunks suggestion aswell.

<Insert_Signature_Here>

Old
dakota95

Default 01-20-2012, 06:28 PM

Update 2.0 posted.

@Game kid - It still has no object detection, but I will get around to that soon

@Sfunk - I Made it so that you cannot kill the scarecrow without shooting, or stabbing him. I also made it so that he can kill you.

Please leave any other comments, and I will change what I can.

<Insert_Signature_Here>

Old
jediaction

Default 01-20-2012, 08:55 PM

Well, The second version is un-able to load so I'm reviewing the first version.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
jediaction

Default 01-20-2012, 09:06 PM

Well, The second version is un-able to load so I'm reviewing the first version.

Feedback...

Pros:

Nice Control System
Good Use of Enviroment

Cons:

No Sound
No Reloading Animation
Iffy AI
No Collisions

Overall

60/100 by Chrome Games
GOOD

I know you have a second version of this game, but I'm not going to complain about the scarecrow not killing me because you state it is fixed in the second version. I do still have to complain about the collisions though. I wish the field of view of the camera was a bit wider to. The texts above the scarecrows head is nice, but I wish it had more of an effect so I would know exactly when he was getting hit. You should look at some of my newer games for little detail references, like, whenever the enemy is hit, he turns red for 0 seconds and then fades back to normal .25 seconds. Over all, the game needs to have more life and more effects to make it just plain interesting. It's a good start, and if you added more features, this game will be a hit.

Old
dakota95

Default 01-21-2012, 08:11 AM

I have a reloading animation in the second one, and I will try to put the second one up again, to see if that works. I like your idea about the fading red when shot. How would I make a better AI because that is about as good as I can get it to work.. I'll work on sounds to. The reason why I don't like to use sounds is that it freezes my computer when I try.. Like I said, I will soon get the collisions. Thanks for the review, and the comments.

<Insert_Signature_Here>

Old
jediaction

Default 01-21-2012, 05:39 PM

No Problem. I love reviewing games.