Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 3 > How Do I?

Now It's 2007/07/17
Old
PopnTheDeerInHumanForm

Lightbulb Now It's 2007/07/17 - 08-17-2007, 11:10 AM

3to 9 Months I'm estimating now... lets hope its 3

Would like more info on v2.1
Old
DickBaldwin

Default Would like more info on v2.1 - 08-19-2007, 09:30 AM

Gabe, or whoever has the info,

Dennis mentioned that v2.1 is under development and Steve stated "We are working at developing curricular materials that support the Alice version 2.1" He predicted that they will be ready for use in Fall 2007. Where I teach, the Fall 2007 semester begins one week from tomorrow.

What exactly will this all mean to teachers? Will v2.1 be released for use in the classroom, and if so, when will it be released?

Can we get advanced information as to how it differs from v2.0? Can we get a beta version to begin working with? If so, when?

This is the first time that I have heard v2.1 mentioned. It isn't possible to incorporate new software versions into the classroom overnight. At least where I teach, a great deal of advanced planning, dickering, arguing, and negotiating is required (unless, of course, the new version comes from M$)

I would greatly appreciate as much advance information as possible, and I suspect that others who teach would appreciate it also.

Thanks,
Dick Baldwin

Last edited by DickBaldwin; 08-19-2007 at 11:39 PM.