Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Newbie question.
Old
test144

Default Newbie question. - 10-29-2012, 11:28 PM

So, I just started with Alice and I'm already having 2 problems.
The first one should be easy to solve. I can make my"char" move north/forward by pressing the "up arrow" (or any other key I want). I can also make it go to the east/right by pressing the "right arrow" key but there is something I just can't do and that is to move "northeast/diagonal". Can somebody tell me how to do it? I wanted to use multiple keys (up+right=northeast) but I can't find a way to do it.

Now the next one is a weird problem because I don't know what is causing it. It's something that shouldn't be happening.
I have a character "surrounded" by 8 dummies. I made it so that when I press the left arrow, it "turns to face" the dummy located to the left/west. After it's facing the dummy at the left/west, the character as well as all the dummies are supposed to move to the left/west (left as seen by the world) as long as you hold down the left arrow but this is where the problem shows up. Even if I hold down the left arrow, the character doesn't move non-stop. It moves 1 meter (it's set to move at a speed of 1 meter/second), then it stops for like half a second and then it moves 1 more meter and it stops for half a second again and this just keeps happening. Since it is hard to explain it properly here, I'm attaching the world file so you guys can check it out.

Btw, I'm using Alice2.3

Edited:
I just fixed the 2nd problem I had but I still need to know how to move my character by using multiple keys at the same time instead of just one.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Alice test 2-3.a2w (1.53 MB, 2 views)

Last edited by test144; 10-30-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Old
madison1

Default 10-30-2012, 03:59 PM

From what I can see, your dummy objects still do not move with the fan dancer, but I can solve your "northeast" problem. Alice does not recognize when you press two separate buttons at once...that is why your pressing the up and right buttons does not give you your desired result. Instead, you must pick another button for this northeast movement, and then for that method, have your fan dancer move forward and then move right, but in a "do together", so that they move diagonally.

Old
madison1

Default 10-30-2012, 04:07 PM

The dummy object issue may be because dummy objects are more for setting the camera angle than anything; thus, I am not sure they are meant to be used as regular objects...

Old
test144

Default 10-31-2012, 03:52 PM

Somebody lock or delete this thread. I already fixed the problems I was having with the movement system.