Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Figured it out!
Old
draudia

Default Figured it out! - 03-02-2010, 10:14 AM

Ahhh...I see. If you simply drag the 3D Text Icon onto the sreen then you can add the function to it.

Nice.

Thanks for the help.

Dameria's right in a way.
Old
dominator15

Wink Dameria's right in a way. - 05-03-2010, 08:36 PM

Dameria was right on his first idea, if you need to make a points counter just make a variable for whatever object you want to show points(3D Text). Make a variable called points and make it a number with a quantity of 0. Then go to the object that you want to count points for and click functions. If it's like you want to add points for every circle you touch and decrease for every rock you run into. First make an if/else, then click
' If object 1 is within /distance/ of object 2'
and drag on top of true or false and it will make the box turn green in acceptance, release button or mouse. Then put the reaction under the else area to make the object do something if touched.

If you need more help email me a
dominator.tarro@gmail.com

???
Old
dominator15

Default ??? - 05-03-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonedabone View Post
Also, if you hate that decimal, there is a little known fact that allows alice to output integers. Instead of your variable in the what as sting function, drag in the random function from the world's functions. Set the minimum and maximum as your variable, and set int only to true.
I don't see how you got ' set text to', can you show me more specifically how to do that and other things for this

Old
Dameria

Default 05-03-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator15 View Post
I don't see how you got ' set text to', can you show me more specifically how to do that and other things for this
You can to create a 3D Text, and then in that object's properties there is a "Text" part which is the text that the 3D Text displays on the screen. You just drag that into the method where you want to change the text, and then go to the World object in the list and click on functions. Then scroll down and put the "(what) as string" into the changing text. Then you can put in the variable into the (what) of the (what) as string. What we were talking about is instead of putting the variable in (what), you put in the "random" function from the world object, then put isInteger to true and set the minimum and maximum number of the "random" function to the number variable that you want to be displayed in the 3D Text. It will then display that number in the text without a decimal at the end (for example it would display "5" instead of "5.0").

If you want an example of this, check the maze world that I programmed, the URL should be in my signature below. Just look for the method that controls the timer or the points (the points are simpler) and you should see how I did it.

Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

Still need help
Old
dominator15

Default Still need help - 05-04-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameria View Post
You can to create a 3D Text, and then in that object's properties there is a "Text" part which is the text that the 3D Text displays on the screen. You just drag that into the method where you want to change the text, and then go to the World object in the list and click on functions. Then scroll down and put the "(what) as string" into the changing text. Then you can put in the variable into the (what) of the (what) as string. What we were talking about is instead of putting the variable in (what), you put in the "random" function from the world object, then put isInteger to true and set the minimum and maximum number of the "random" function to the number variable that you want to be displayed in the 3D Text. It will then display that number in the text without a decimal at the end (for example it would display "5" instead of "5.0").

If you want an example of this, check the maze world that I programmed, the URL should be in my signature below. Just look for the method that controls the timer or the points (the points are simpler) and you should see how I did it.
Hey, can you just do it for me please, but don't mess anything that doesn't need to be modded. Also, if the copter touches another object that's not a point circle, just make a miniature explosions and then he just restarts from where he was in the airport. I've got everything else down though, so just that.
Copter Bomber Elite backed up on May 2 2010 at 4h51m51s PM.a2w
dominator.tarro@gmail.com
thanks,
you are a true programmer
Dominator15

Last edited by dominator15; 05-04-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: need to add clip