Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Educators > Teaching with Alice

Error when trying to save
Old
FredT

Default Error when trying to save - 06-14-2007, 01:41 PM

Every time I try to save a world, I get an error message. Of course, when I try to submit the error, they say come back later, which has been the message for at least a month.

Although I get an error message, it seems to have saved the world, but the next time I try to save, I get the error message again.

I can play the world and it works great.

Any help?

I am using a PC, Windows XP

Last edited by FredT; 06-14-2007 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Addition

Error Messages are Often Just Warnings
Old
DrJim

Smile Error Messages are Often Just Warnings - 06-14-2007, 09:04 PM

It's a bit hard to say what your problem is from the brief description you gave - but it has been my experience that "error" messages are often (maybe as much as half the time) really just warnings. (Alice doesn't have a separate "warning" capability.)

Look at the detailed error listing and see if it doesn't give you a clue somewhere. If, for example, there is a problem with one of the object files or some of the code - but either that part of the file or that part of the code isn't used (say it's prototype code that never gets called) - you will get an error message but the world will save fine - as happened in your case.

Lot's of possibilities - if you can't figure it out, either post the message or post the world and I'll give it a try - but if the world is running and saving OK, I really wouldn't worry about it too much.

Old
Rake

Default 03-02-2008, 04:12 PM

i get those pesky errors once in a while aswell. just learned to ignore them i guess. one of those minor and disturbing nuances we gotta live with.
Rake the Pigeon is antsy
http://www.pigeons.biz