Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

My flight simulator(Sneak Peak)
Old
Killerzeron

Default My flight simulator(Sneak Peak) - 01-13-2015, 07:36 PM

Hi,

I am working on the flight simulator, so if you're interested in a small sneak peak. Downlaod the attachment below. Also it's only the sneak peak on the flight and how it works. Further edits will take place. the program is a bit buggy-like.

EDIT: i just need some help actually, on the speed one, not using the spacebar for speed, but using the ctrl to move at a constant speed, so what i need help at is that i just want that when i hit the ctrl button the plane moves at the constant speed,but when i hit it again it stops moving.

UPDATE ON FILE:

1)The missiles now cannot be fired unless the gears are retracted.
2) The camera now does 3rd-person view when the world starts in run.

Last edited by Killerzeron; 09-04-2016 at 10:20 PM.

Good Job
Old
RavenOfCode

Default Good Job - 01-14-2015, 11:08 AM

That was alot of fun

I redid the controls a bit to make it easier... The only things I suggest for now is to change the acceleration method, as it speeds up unrealistically fast. And and increase the ground size...

Other than that great job

Stuff + Other Stuff + Different Other Stuff = Things :)

My best Alice game:

Clash of the Cubes (an arena fighting game):
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=10738&highlight=game

Very good!
Old
AliceAndConnor

Smile Very good! - 01-15-2015, 07:22 PM

Very good job Killerzone! A fun flight-simulator, and I got very trigger-happy with the missiles LOL
I found that the camera didn't necessarily follow the plane when flying, but I'm guessing that's just part of the start of development which is a great start considering all the other awesome components of acceleration, turning, flying, missiles, airport layout, controls etc. I'm glad you focused on the fundamentals first which always sets-up a good path to further progress!

Connor + Alice Forever! (-:

Have a nice day!

Also, I've been gone for a really long time, more than I can even remember and am now going to be way more active! :-D

Old
Killerzeron

Default 01-15-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceAndConnor View Post
Very good job Killerzone! A fun flight-simulator, and I got very trigger-happy with the missiles LOL
I found that the camera didn't necessarily follow the plane when flying, but I'm guessing that's just part of the start of development which is a great start considering all the other awesome components of acceleration, turning, flying, missiles, airport layout, controls etc. I'm glad you focused on the fundamentals first which always sets-up a good path to further progress!
it follows the plane when you hit the "C" button. It will automatically make it a 3rd person view. also thanks to raven's missile code, i understood on using it and edited it for a 3-rd person view and any side-related view.

Old
Killerzeron

Default 01-15-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfCode View Post
That was alot of fun

I redid the controls a bit to make it easier... The only things I suggest for now is to change the acceleration method, as it speeds up unrealistically fast. And and increase the ground size...

Other than that great job
yeah, i know that. i tried to change the emissive colors under properties(seldom used) to change whenever i hit the button, so as if it looks like that the engine is actually getting heated up. That would make it kind of realistic that your engines are getting hotter. but yeah, need to add up if/else to prevent over-usage of it. allowing that when your engine gets hotter and hotter it needs to cooldown so you can use it again. its gonna be a tough project though. thanks for the code again.

Old
Killerzeron

Default 01-15-2015, 11:20 PM

Updates made on the file. Check out the firstmymethod to check out updates and how the SIM has changed.